Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Check out this dufus

I have the right to end bidding if price isn't right, thx. great to know buddy.

This terrific auction with a zero feedback seller, and he only wants 15 bucks shipping also.
Culpepper to ?, only God knows at this point!

Comments

• Options
    i'm particularly impressed with the nifty little "arrow" formation he included in his title..
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Starting next week sellers can't end their items in the last 12 hours if there is a valid bid on the item in question >>

Unless the guy has set a reserve, he doesn't have that right - I don't sell on ebay - wasn't this the spirit of what ebay's change entails? Ebuyers01, aka Dufus2 - seems to be a bit wet on this one?
    I do like the arrow artwork - very creative and original - ?
    Stone?
    Mike
  • Options
    jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    He's probably not aware of the new 12-hour rule. I think it's posted in one of the pages as you create an auction, but it's easy to skim right over it. If he doesn't pull the plug more than 12 hours before the end, he will be in for an unpleasant surprise.

But as I've pointed out before, all he has to do is fail to ship and then issue a refund when PayPal forces him to. All it will cost is the listing fee and eBay and PayPal's share of the sale price. If the buyer is lucky, the seller won't think of that.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>But as I've pointed out before, all he has to do is fail to ship and then issue a refund when PayPal forces him to >>

JR
    Amen to that! I bought a signed check by Sal Maglie for about 17$ on the 6th of Sep.

<< <i>A signed Sal Maglie check is listed in PSA's Sports Card Market Report Magazine for $65.00. >>

This statement is right off of the sale. I have sent him two emails requesting my item which I paid for with postal insurance thru paypal. In the second email I informed him:
    Mon, 27 Sep 2004 17:42:54 -0700
    To: mesablanca1110@yahoo.com
    Subject: Question about shipping for item #5120694378 - Sal Maglie Signed Cancelled Check PSA/DNA GAI

Question about your item

Dear thejordanman,

Hi, it has been 3 weeks since auction closed and this was paid efficiently with paypal; this is the second and last email; if I don't get a confirmation by wed. Sept.29th, I will contact paypal and reverse this sale; I will not let this slip past the 30 day window. thank you, Mike

No response again. On Wed. the 29th I put in a dispute with paypal to get a refund. So, either the guy is in the hospital, sick in bed all this time, kidnapped by aliens, has met his maker, or possibly doesn't want to sell it at the price I picked it up - it is a really nice item and psa/dna authenticated. BTW, the seller has a 99.8% and a recent neg. for the same thing.

your friend
    Mike
    edit: to add 'no response' on email

Mike