Home Sports Talk

Calling Joe Stalin...calling Joe Stalin....week 4 Eagles bet

Dear JS:

Oh ye of such infinite football wisdom....guru of all gurus....the last word on predictions....

I challenge you to a Zell Miller face off...no, no duel....

But I'll take those Eagles you pick to collapse who are such "phonies" at -9 and you got...Da Bears...

Sig line exchange is part one for one week and $10 paypal to you or in my case, to the St.Jude's Hospital for Children or "Save The Children", my two charities.

I'll even give you a parlay on the Bucs losing as well in Denver.........as Judge Smails said in "Caddyshack", " WELL.....WE'RE WAITING....!!"

Comments

• joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    LOL..wow thats ballzie of you! Giving me nine points against one of the worst teams in the league who will be
    lining up their #2 QB!

lets cut to the chase, its obvious that anything but rings will be a loss for the eagles. Ill bet that the
    eagles will STILL be rings-less at the end of the season. If they prove me wrong I lose my right here
    to post about football for ONE FULL YEAR!

Thats right, Ill be gone for one full year on the subject...you would be the knight in shining armor
    that took down JS and his football smack........

so what are you going to give up? more than 9 points I hope.

Grow some balls and back your team for real! Remember no one cares about 2nd place!

JS
  • I'll meet you halfway for the moment.....you've already admitted the Eagles are 4-0 after tomorrow's game.

If the Eagles win the NFC Championship, something which you repeatedly said they could not do, then you're off football for the active NFL season of 2005-06, not a year, but the time where you would post the most.

I will agree not to post on any board here if the Eagles fail to win the NFC this year for 6 months.

If you take it as far as the Super Bowl, you give up posting on CU as JS and have to post as Franklin Roosevelt; I'll post as Karl Marx.
    why are you chicken *hit on this? Winning the NFC is bogus, no one remembers 2nd place, if you don't think
    your team can get rings then get lost! My team is 0-4 and I still think they can get to the playoffs and
    get a ring, you all are 4-0 and you still are thinking choke!

So what is it? Do you want me to wait until week 17?

Im putting 6000+ posts on the line here against a few hundred of yours and you can't even bet?

Make the bet and then put up something real!

JS
  • Oh yeah Joe....winning a Conference Championship is just sooooo easy....image

...and this coming from someone who in every other post over the last 3 months repeats the Mantra the Eagles will choke, fold and fall apart before they ever could reach the Super Bowl....now YOU'RE the one who won't own up to their beliefs....as usual....image

Its so easy to win the NFC, huh...gee what a "sucker bet"....when you're heroes can't win even one gameimage

When you come to the negotiating table equaling my bet, not your usual over the top one-sided BS by JS, we can move ahead.

Otherwise, I'll just enjoy torturing you over this failed Bucs season all season long.......image

E-A-G-L-E-S, EAGLES !!

EDIT: BTW, looks like I would have won my bet and parlay if you stuck to your gut calls...but we both know you're the one who is all talk...Eagles will lose, Bucs will win.....in your dreams.
    just admit that you think the eagles will win a bunch of games only to get bent over in the playoffs like
    they always do, and I will leave you alone.

The Eagles will NOT win the super bowl this year.....

either you are with me in that statement or you are against me...which is it?

Grow balls, and back your team!

JS
  • Eagles win....nuff said.
    no rings AND

chicken *hit

...nuff said
  • How fuitless life must be in the world you design Joe.

Your patented "smack" is just histrionics and hyperbole in as much a desperate plea for attention as it is real feeling for any of the things you have to say.

I believe you actually like football....baseball too to a lesser extent; reading your past posts ( you know the ones ) proves my point that at the heart of all this reckless rhetoric and false bravado, is only a poster screaming for attention.

In your case you think it can be accomplished by negative actions, being an irritant, like coming to a PSA sportscards board comprised of card collectors and announce you "really aren't" a collector , but are here to study "us".
    You even pick a name and defend it ( stupidly ) for the same attention.

Anyway, ya see, most of here, fans of one team or another have a modicum of sense about limits and reality; that is, though we occasionally mix it up, its always a more or less temporary aspect of our nature...with you, it is WHO YOU WANT TO BE. So be it, who cares...its become a tiresome "act".

You don't make or control the Rules in MY universe Joe...my Eagles don't have to win one Super Bowl for my respect or to prove anything to anyone else who is a fan of theirs on this board. They don't have to win a Super Bowl for anyone to demonstrate how well run an Organization they are year in and year out...consistency JS is as noteworthy as your Championship ring, which by your own standards means your team SUCS because they have no chance for a ring...you are a loser by your own proscribed Rules.

In the end, all us fans of the Eagles, Skins, Cowboys will have fun with our irreverence and game day bashing, thats how we have fun...for you, its an existence.

So Joe, yawn.....you and your smack bore me.....You can reminisce with your buddies about one season already forgotten by the ZEN philosophy of our sports world, its over baby...its the present that counts.

AS in Eagles 4-0
    Bucs 0-4

Time to throw in the towell on the old persona JS....the one screaming for negative attention....its 2004...make a fresh start.
    so what you saying is you're chicken?

Thats what I thought too

JS
  • Wall.....meet Joe

Joe...meet Wall

Thick....meet Mr. Brick

Mr. Brick....meet thick

Water....meet duck's butt

Duck's butt...meet water

The truth hurts.................cause I know you're not as stupid as the examples of wasted time above...or are you??image
    you know the Eagles are going to choke, why don't you just admit it? The longer you run the more idiotic
    you look. Just make the freaking bet and put up something against my 6000+ posts!

1420 would do it, he is a real fan.....you.....you were probably a Falcon fan last year.

JS
  • zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz tiresome act Joe ...I called you out from my first post which you conveniently circumvented........and now, you try a "double or nothing" bet to try and get back into a debate......uh, uh.

I don't dance on your puppet string Joe...I just expose yoursimage

Oh...even funnier, I assume your Atlanta reference was a backhand assertion that Iamthegreatcornholio isn't Patton, that I must be "Patton".....HAHAHAHA....you are too funny Joe, too funny.....whose next on your "enemies list" to denounce?image

I've got the great JS unnerved........image
  • BTW, I was born in Philly, raised in Philly and live in the Philly burbs...I love all things Philly or do you wanna quiz me on cheesesteaks ( Jim's at 4th & South are my favorite ) , water ice ( "Joe Italiano's" on Shunk ) or fish ( "The Striped Bass" ).

I've been a season ticket holder for the Flyers and Eagles for 15 years.

Stop searching for excuses Joe, I've got you outmanned and outmaneuvered; you're in over your head.image

• << <i>Stop searching for excuses Joe, I've got you outmanned and outmaneuvered; you're in over your head >>

Of course he's in over his head....cause his head's up his azz...
    VOTE KERRY 2008!
    so you been a fairweather fan for 15 years...thats quite a life! I bet you were booing McNabb in 1999!

Hey were you the guy wearing that stupid mask during the 02 championship game looking like your
    dog just got ran over? That guy made our highlight dvd! LOL

LMK
    Kevin
  • Sorry again Joe...I am not a fan of the insipid WIP radio host who instigated that group of clowns who aren't even ticket-holders...just drunks or fools along for a good time.

I think McNabb is a great quaterback with unbelievable potential which needed skilled receivers, which he now has, to completely unlock...we will never agree on this ....

This post started with me calling you out on a bet I would have won, even though I made it more difficult by making it a two-part bet.

I know where yo stand Joe and hopefully I've educated the rest of the board as well, even though I don't think they needed me for that; your reputation precedes you.

Later....as in..much later....you have nothing to offer but hyperbole and unintentional entertainment.
    so the eagles are not going to win the super bowl?

yes or no

JS
  • If you string together all of Mintluster's posts, all 1583 in one year...they wouldn't fill a page....I think as an exercise in ennui, I will count how many one word post accumulating responses he has made.

Joe, if the Eagles get to the NFC Championship...they win...if they get to the Super Bowl, they win...case closed.
    Doppel..dont worry Joker and 1420 showed who the real fans are! Im sorry you couldn't back your team
    all the way. Maybe next year!

JS
  • Hey Joe...once again and I'll type it real real S-L-O-W for you.

You don't set any guidelines by which I must adhere to as any loyalty test.

You are the board's equivalent of itching powder, a pesky gnat whose only existence is in stirring the pot.

The day you can "label" me and set an agenda on your insane criteria Hell will freeze over and George Bush will tell the Truth.

You can bait a few of the others ( IamthegreatCornholio and Noclass being notable exceptions as am I ) , but you can't win with me...I'll always be one step ahead because you're as transparent as a pane of glass.

Now run along ....ba bye. image
    dont worry true philly fans have taken up your slack..hey there is some chump over on the sportscards
    board talking about you, grab your slingshot and go get him!

JS
  • I have no problem with Vargha Joe if thats who you mean....or do you mean Maxximage....and you worry about "Patton"....
  • envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭

<< <i>Stop searching for excuses Joe, I've got you outmanned and outmaneuvered; you're in over your head >>

AH HA! So he is Patton!

I thought people just posted things like "?" and then ran with that to up their post counts...

BTW, Eagles are much improved with TO and the Freak but McNabb is incapable of taking them to the promise land, just like Peyton. Maybe someday, but not anytime soon.
  • carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭
    Don't look now, but the Creamsicle-colored Bucs are back. This is bad.

Loves me some shiny!
  • "Patton"...hardly...though a very good general.

• << <i>Don't look now, but the Creamsicle-colored Bucs are back. This is bad. >>

Got Bruce?