Home Stamps Forum
Options

Found old stamps in some books *mint* 1959, help.

I recently purchased a full set of encyclopedias from 1957 at an estate sale, all in mint condition from a Dr. who had passed away recently, I was thinking about placing them on e-bay, they still have the original documents of purchase etc... While looking through the documents, I happend to come across a sheet of stamps, 50 of them in all, they are in mint condition, including the back, these look just as good as the ones you get from the post office, they are dated 1959 , and have encyclopedia britannica on them, and says library research service, not transferable, good untill 1969. I'll post up a picture of them to help. If anyone knows the value for these please help.
Real MEN collect currency!

Comments

• Options
    dougwtxdougwtx Posts: 566 ✭✭
    Your Encyclopedia Britannica stamps are usually under a category called "cinderellas". There are several clubs out there that may be able to provide insight to your sheet. Cinderellas include phantom issues, charity seals like Christmas and Easter seals, and other type of labels. The website below has an inquiry area where you could submit your question, but there are many others on the internet. Still, a neat find. Usually people go through books before selling them, but some of my friends who resell old things have found stamps and broken bank notes in books. Good luck in your seach; sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Doug

one cinderella stamp club
  • Options
    A very common cindy, still desirable for some specially if offered in large block or complete pane. A good eBay start bid for this kind of material is around 10.00. You may try to offer it as smaller blocks (2 X 2 or 3 X 3) for 1.00 each.

Try to flatten the sheet by applying some pressure, just a few magazines evenly distributed on top of it for a couple of days. Don't overdo it, and remember to leave the gummed side up. resist to the temptation to roll it the other way out - parts of the sheet will start to separate.

The Cinderella Stamp Club is the alma mater of serious cindy collectors all over the world. I have the pleasure and honor to be one of its members.
    Boldly Going Nowhere
  • Options
    Thanks so much for the help guys, I wasn't at all for sure what these would be classified as..
    Real MEN collect currency!