Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Question for MJ Roop Owners

What's the best way to secure your checklist to the back of the box top? There's no clasps or anything that you can secure it with thus when you close it the checklist always falls out. Kind of a dumb question I guess but was just wondering if anybody had any suggestions besides tape/glue etc. Thnaks.

Scott

Comments

• Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    I use little round velcro tabs. They sell them at office product stores, on a roll. I think they are about 3/8" around, 3 of them in a triangle does the trick.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    lamontcarterlamontcarter Posts: 748 ✭✭✭
    Griffins
    Good call on the velcro. I appreciate the reply. sorry for the dumb question!
  • Options
    Scott - How are those boxes working out for you?

Did you get the fancy ones? Ive been on the fence post about those for a while now.

Thanks
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    I have one of the cardboard ones, and just got 3 of the new wooden ones.
    They are very similar visually, but the wood ones feel a bit more solid (and seem to weigh a bit more, although I didn't compare them empty). The wood ones have a bit sharper corners, so they are incrementally better looking. Mine don't get handled a whole lot (they sit in the safety deposit box most of the time) so sturdiness isn't a huge factor, but both seem to be really well made.
    Roop's service is excellent, and I think the cost to value ratio is very good. The only negative thing I could say is about their checklists- the one I got had a lot of inaccuracies (Hal Chase and Ed Cicotte are NOT in the Hall of Fame, and Edd Rousch is). On the latest 3 I passed on the checklist and printed out one myself, with much more info such as cost, SMR, pops, etc.
    I've never bought any of their binders, but if the boxes are any indication I'm sure they are excellent products as well.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's