Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

OT: Four days.....

and counting!!! Home will be very nice after this trip.

No coins, but I was able to pick up an almost entire CD collection of Pink Floyd including many discs not offered in the U.S....also a lot of Alan Parson's and Tangerine Dream. About forty CD's in all for a little over $100...image In fact, I'm going back right now. Yakatcha next week after I return! S

Comments

• Options
    Bootlegs????????
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options

<< <i>Bootlegs???????? >>

No, totally original image The price is close to the one in Bulgaria image

Cacheman, I seriously recommend you archive these once you get home. These are cheap disks and there is a chance they physically degrade with time... sort of like flips and PVC image
    4 765 of 50 971 (9.35%) complete image

First DAMMIT BOY! 25/9/05 (Finally!)

" XpipedreamR is cool because you can get a bottle of 500 for like a dollar. " - Aspirin

• Options
    cachemancacheman Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭
    Actually, no bootlegged CD's in the entire library. I made sure to pick out only the one's with western packaged CD's. This bootlegged question came into focus at Customs yesterday when I made it a point to declare the CD's on my customs forms. The agent went through all forty of the CD's with the express purpose of finding something that was bootlegged...he didn't find one in the bunch. The time to wait for him to look at everything was worth the knowledge that he agreed they weren't bootlegged. Had they been, I'd no longer own them as they would have been confiscated before being allowed to go through customs.

After spending three weeks in Rusia even our Custom's Agents seemed gregarious...it's nice to be home even though we were traveling for 30 hours to get back here.

All is well....image
  • Options
    oldshepoldshep Posts: 3,240
    Welcome back Scott - now back to "normal"image
    Shep
  • Options
    All I can say is don't take the U.S. for granted.....God Bless the good ol' U.S. of A. !!!!!!
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Amen to that! Welcome home, Cache!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    AskariAskari Posts: 3,713
    Welcome back!! I have no doubt it was an interesting experience ... although I do hope you saw more of the country than its restrooms! image
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image
  • Options
    Thanks Mike and Mark...I need to upload a bunch of images to my server so I can share them with you. Didn't take all too many images though as I have many of the same from a previous trip to St.Pete...

As an update, the "porta-potty" has hit the Russian frontier...they can be found outside the metro stations...run by bubushka's at 30 roubles a visit, they can be as nasty or nastier as the ones we have here...still a magnificant step forward to what was in existence eight years ago...image
  • Options
    Welcome Home Scott. What other bounty did you bring home?
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    Unfortunately I very often go 4 days or more without coins. LIfe just gets too busy.
    So many coins, so little money!
    Ebay name: bhil3
  • Options
    I went three weeks...just four days to get home when I started this thread. Trust me, when you go from a burg of 8,000 people to a city of 9 million people that haven't a clue about the concept of "common courtesy" coins and coin collecting matter very little....image
  • Options
    theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    Welcome Back, I look forward to the photosimage
  • Options
    Trust me, when you go from a burg of 8,000 people to a city of 9 million people that haven't a clue about the concept of "common courtesy" coins and coin collecting matter very little....

Something unpleasant happened? image
    Dimitri

DPOTD-1
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    Welcome back Scott, how was the Hermitage?
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson