Home U.S. Coin Forum

1935-S toned Peace $ from Heritage -- compare the pics!

Here are my pics --

imageimage

And Heritage's pics --

imageimage

I actually think they did a better job with the color and my pics show the luster. On the obverse there is a nice blue/green band just next to the russet that really makes this coin very nice. The reverse is also toned in that seafoam green color.

As Jeremy says -- its hard to get both in the same pic!

Thanks
Michael

Comments

• ERER Posts: 7,345
    So, what does it actually look like in hand?
  • Both! It has really nice luster/cartwheel effect and nice subtle natural colors.

Hard date/mintmark to find toned.

Michael
  • braddickbraddick Posts: 23,099 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Michael, in my opinion, I'd rather see luster than the color (if one must be compromised over the other). Your photo shows a lively coin. Heritage? Not so much so.

peacockcoins

• dragondragon Posts: 4,548 ✭✭
    Don't ever crack it out of that very cool 'gold stamp' old NGC holder. That holder probably accounted for the toning on that coin.

• << <i>That holder probably accounted for the toning on that coin. >>

Possibly, but I don't want it to tone any further so it might have to get reholder into a new slab.

Michael
  • Looks like it lost some color in the mail.
  • wam98wam98 Posts: 2,685
    Pretty Peace, image
    Wayne
  • fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beatufil coin.image

That older "no line" NGC fatboy holder will keep toning that coin. The the label in the holder probably toned the coin in the first place. imho
  • tsacchtsacch Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭
    your obverse is better...........their reverse is better imho regarding the colors...........nice shots and nice grab
    Family, kids, coins, sports (playing not watching), jet skiing, wakeboarding, Big Air....no one ever got hurt in the air....its the sudden stop that hurts. I hate Hurricane Sandy. I hate FEMA and i hate the blasted insurance companies.
  • dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭
    heritage's digi-pics include the whole slab. does that make a difference on digi-pic quality???

K S

• << <i>heritage's digi-pics include the whole slab. does that make a difference on digi-pic quality??? >>

Yes and no. As for color, its harder to image coins in NGC's white holder because of the white balance settings on the digital camera.

Overall, I would think that Heritage can do a much better job of imaging its coins. Almost every Heritage pic I have ever seen, the coin always seems to have no luster and is quite flat and dull. Which almost always requires you to view their lots in person before making a decision.

Superior on the otherhand has gotten way of out control with the color adjustments in their pics. When I looked at coins from Superior's sale it was sometimes difficult to match the coin in hand with the coin in the catalogue because of the differences.

My point of this thread is to try to illustrate to the newer collectors what to look for in Heritage's pics in purchasing from their site or auctions.

And thanks for the compliments on the coin. Whether she's label toned or album toned, I still like her!

Michael
  • BikingnutBikingnut Posts: 3,369 ✭✭✭
    I prefer your picks over Heritage. It just looks like a better coin, and I would be more inclined to bid. A company like Heritage should be able to afford better photography in my opinion.
    US Navy CWO3 retired. 12/81-09/04

Looking for PCGS AU58 Washington's, 32-63.
  • skier07skier07 Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    Heritage's obverse photo are much better. On your images the feathers show little
    detail and they appear to be scratched. Funny what we can do with images.

Bruce
  • skier07skier07 Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean reverse.
  • ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,760 ✭✭✭✭
    Beautiful.

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file