Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Opinions on the 1957 proof Frankie I just bought?

This coin will be on its way to the beach Friday, but I thought I'd show it off and get your opinions first.

If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
1987-C Hendersonville Road
Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com

Comments

• Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    hard to say without really inspecting the fields...
    I can say a 57 in cameo is a relatively tough find.....

looks nice to me....
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    Looks like a strong cameo- any spots or hairlines??
    My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable !
  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Lucy!image

As far as the cams go this coin looks better than most 1962 DCAMs I have seen, it must have been one of the first 5-10 coins struck from this pair of dies!
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    Wayne
  • Options
    None that I can see with the naked eye. It will be going off Express, so I'll let you all know how it does.image

WNC Coins, LLC
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not bad for a liteside coin.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    tsacchtsacch Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭
    nice one, cam in my book if the pic is accurate...........65 66 but like the lady says, would like to see in hand.............
    Family, kids, coins, sports (playing not watching), jet skiing, wakeboarding, Big Air....no one ever got hurt in the air....its the sudden stop that hurts. I hate Hurricane Sandy. I hate FEMA and i hate the blasted insurance companies.
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Excellent example with nice deep mirrors. It does have some field frost, though; particularly at the obverse periphery. That's one of the things PCGS is picky about, so that may prevent it from getting in to a DCAM holder.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    Nice looking coin.
    Scott Hopkins
    -YN Currently Collecting & Researching Colonial World Coins, Especially Spanish Coins, With a Great Interest in WWII Militaria.

My Ebay!
  • Options
    Cam all day long.
    as long as the photographer was'nt too creative !

57 CAM is a toughie,i should know !
  • Options

<< <i>Cam all day long.
    as long as the photographer was'nt too creative !

57 CAM is a toughie,i should know ! >>

I am not a very creative photographer, the photo looks very much like the coin.

WNC Coins, LLC
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not fair, I have looked for a raw 1957 like yours for years and have had no luck. Nice looking coin by the way. Congrats. Please let us know what it grades at.
  • Options
    Shot DCAM if it looks like the pix !
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty Franklin. The ghosting on the eagle; lettering and the bell and portrait makes me think this one's been artifically frosted and has me concerned, but could just be the photography. Assuming I'm wrong and as long as that is not a trace fingerprint on the obverse, 6:00, I'd say nice pick up!

peacockcoins

• Options

<< <i>Pretty Franklin. The ghosting on the eagle; lettering and the bell and portrait makes me think this one's been artifically frosted and has me concerned, but could just be the photography. >>

I cut it out of the set myself, no danger of that.

WNC Coins, LLC
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,134 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Pretty Franklin. The ghosting on the eagle; lettering and the bell and portrait makes me think this one's been artifically frosted and has me concerned, but could just be the photography. >>

I cut it out of the set myself, no danger of that. >>

::Whew::! I'm grateful. So it is just the imaging.
    Then, with that being the case... Excellent pick up!

peacockcoins

• Options

<< <i>
    ::Whew::! I'm grateful. So it is just the imaging.
    Then, with that being the case... Excellent pick up! >>

If I were as good at finding heavy cam Franklins as I were at taking pictures of them, this thread would not exist.image

WNC Coins, LLC
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file