Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Stamp Forum - What's the Deal??

I checked the stamp forum hoping to be able to unload some stamps I own so I can buy more coins. I was shocked to see only 12 posts in the whole forum?? What's the story?

1. Is it new and not picking up any steam
2. Is it a joke
3. Is stamp collecting dead? (probably not, but you would think so from the CU stamp forum??)
4. Does anyone want to buy any stamps?? image

Comments

• Options
    SandhawkSandhawk Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭

No No Yes No

imageimage

• Options
    krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    There are more than 12 posts, but your profile settings are set to only show threads from the last 20 or so days.

There used to be more members active there, but when some people got in the habit of using the Stamp forum to post threads unrelated to stamps, they moved to other, better moderated, sites.

If you want a couple of sites, PM me.

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• Options
    There's a stamp forum? Learn smoething new everyday.
  • Options

The Stamps Forum is a calm haven, not normally polluted by the turmoil and dissention so prevalent on the US Coin forum and the Open Forum. image

Some OF members have tried from time to time to turn the Stamps Forum into their own mini-OF image.
    Stamps are miniature works of an ever-changing art.
    imageimage
  • Options
    ERER Posts: 7,345
    Sleepy Hollow 's cousin.image
  • Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>No No Yes No

image >>

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    ddbirdddbird Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭
    Ebay unloads aton of stamps...i would go with them. Pretty decent prices for some of the older ones!
  • Options
    dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭
    the answer is extremely simple: stamp collectors are much, much smarter then coin collectors.

K S

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file