Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I know it's fake, but it makes me want a real one! 'fugio'

really bad!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=3928173843&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT

compared to other repro's I've seen, this one looks nice, and now I want to save all my penny's to buy one of these penny's.

Comments

• Options
    krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    Fugios are one of the coolest coins ever. Be aware that there were restrikes made (called New Haven restrikes) and these are easily identified by the thinner rings on the reverse. I think both types are pictured in the Redbook. The restrikes are much cheaper so just be sure you are getting what you are paying for.

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• Options

www.jaderarecoin.com - Updated 6/8/06. Many new coins added!

Our eBay auctions - TRUE auctions: start at $0.01, no reserve, 30 day unconditional return privilege & free shipping!
  • Options
    The New Haven restrikes are always found in higher (XF-45 or better) grade and while they are cheaper than Fugios in the same grade they are NOT cheap. Do not confuse them with the vast number of private restrikes out there.
  • Options
    krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    Conder, thanks for the clarification.

When I got back into collecting, the Fugio was the first "serious" coin I set my sights on. It's still my favorite.

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• Options
    dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭
    new havens are not "real" coins to me, but i still like 'em.

K S
  • Options
    TWQGTWQG Posts: 3,145 ✭✭
    Very neat die clash Jadeimage
  • Options
    MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭✭✭
    K.7-T R5
    Spring National Battlefield Coin Show is September 5-7, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • Options
    MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was not into the Fugio Cents until my friend found them.
    N-13X, R3
    Thanks Dennis for the attribution!
    Spring National Battlefield Coin Show is September 5-7, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • Options
    TommyTypeTommyType Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, yeah. I fell in love with the whole concept of the Fugio from my first flip through Redbook. I had to have one!

Finally bought one a couple years ago:

imageimage
    Easily distracted Type Collector

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file