Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Please don't turn this place into the Pink Palace of Poetitude

If you think this place is rough take a long browse through, of all places, the Poetry Free For All. You think the coin forum is filled with diverse opinion and subjective tastes? Try posting an artificial piece of dribble in that place! They'll chop your head off and use your neck as an ashtray. The difference is people post there looking for honest answers and critique, and most take it very well. They created an alternate site for those who wanted a more lovey-dovey atmosphere, aptly named the Pink Palace of Poetitude.

My point is a forum environment elicits more honest responses than face-to-face interaction. It takes some time to get use to. Leave your ego at the door, remember that not everything translates here the same way it does in person (just like coin images), and you'll learn to appreciate this place. But please don't lose your edge and turn this into the Pink Palace of Poetitude!

Comments

• Options
    ERER Posts: 7,345
    Amen! brother.
  • Options
    NO Problem !!! image

• Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    I agree completely. But I also think that people are being a little too edgy and combative lately. What's usually an enjoyable discussion or even respectful debate has often recently become...

I'm sure it will settle back down, eventually, over time.
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    Good post Shylock!

"remember that not everything translates here the same way it does in person"

Actually NOTHING translates here the same way it would in person.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    The only think I'd like to know is what is Shylock doing hanging out at a poetry forum? image

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    shylockshylock Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭
    Russ - Remind me to post my Goodbye Sweet Forum thread before I'd link any of my poems there to you image
  • Options

<< <i>The only think I'd like to know is what is Shylock doing hanging out at a poetry forum? image

Russ, NCNE >>

"When power leads man towards arrogance, poetry reminds him of his limitations. When power narrows the areas of man's concern, poetry reminds him of he richness and diversity of his existence. When power corrupts, poetry cleanses, for art establishes the basic human truths which must serve as the touchstone of our judgement." - John Fitzgerald Kennedy

(Russ, I don't know if his hair was accented when he wrote this...)
    Billy
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    JFK only talked like that to get nookie.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options

<< <i>JFK only talked like that to get nookie.

Russ, NCNE >>

Yea, and nookie ain't like a cookie. You can have it before supper.

Jerry
  • Options
    You think we can get Carol to change the background of this forum from gray to Pink?? Kinda of like changing a room color to soothe the savage beasts. image
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>JFK only talked like that to get nookie.

Russ, NCNE >>

My sweet line in the younger years only had two words. None of this long drawn out jibberish

Ken
  • Options
    shylockshylock Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭
    JFK only talked like that to get nookie.

roflmao. No, he got nookie because he talked like that. There's a difference and women can tell image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file