Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Come here to discuss interesting topics. No complainers allowed

I too have left the Coin Forum because of the endless threads on matters of little or no importance to a majority of people. I too do not have the time or patience to weed through the cr*p that some seem to enjoy.

If any others want to try a little civility and put your vast knowledge to use, and even learn something ( I love to hear about new coins and ideas), come join us here.
TahoeDale

Comments

• Options
    BWRCBWRC Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the post TahoeDale.

Nice write up on my favorite series, Flying Eagle and Indian Cents in Coin Values, the supplement to Coin Worlds Oct 4, 2004 issue. The two series are soaring in demand and Price.

Alot of new records were set for some of the "big coins" when the "Lakesamm Collection" was offered to a couple of dealer's. I was fortunate enough to be one of them.

Brian Wagner Rare Coins, Specializing in PCGS graded, Shield, Liberty and Buffalo Nickels varieties.
  • Options
    STEWARTBLAYNUMISSTEWARTBLAYNUMIS Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭✭
    Hi dale

Do you own any proof like Barber halves in your collection?Some of the early O mints were struck to resemble proofs.I own the 1894 O from the Pryor collection.If I didn't see the O on the reverse I would think its a proof.

Stewart
  • Options
    TahoeDaleTahoeDale Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭
    Stewart,

I remember that the 1894-O and 1898-O from that sale were amazing. They do resemble branch mint proofs, and brought serious money.

There were some real nice coins that got great upgrades after the sale. Steve Duckor really scored, with 2 points up on 2 or more coins. I also did well on the 3 coins I purchased.

The 1904-S in PCGS 64 was a bargain-@$11,000. I'm not positive, but I believe it is now a 65. Same with the 1901-S

And no, I do not have any proof-like halves anything close to the quality of the ones from the Pryor sale. But I do own the Price 1894-O in PCGS 67. Want to trade?
    TahoeDale
  • Options
    LeeGLeeG Posts: 12,162
    Keep Up the effort and let's all stay positive and discuss coin related topics!image
  • Options
    NicNic Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great thought and post Dale. The Pryor 94o is a killer coin ..... though its been around the block a few times image. K
  • Options
    Thread Title: Come here to discuss interesting topics. No complainers allowed

So you come here and post a topic complaining about complainers ... now that is a real interesting topic image
  • Options
    STEWARTBLAYNUMISSTEWARTBLAYNUMIS Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭✭
    Nic and Dale - I also own the 94 o dime which looks the same as the
    half.The dime came out of the 1975 Windsor sale.

Nic - Are you calling my 94 o half a slut ?

Stewart
  • Options
    coinguy1coinguy1 Posts: 13,485
    Stewart, do you know if Marty Haber used to own the dime you mentioned?