Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

grading services

which grading company is most likely to grade a counterfit card?
I've seen alot of new grading companys on ebay just wondering
whose the absolute worst.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    ROCKDJRWROCKDJRW Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭
    NGS
    Collect Ozzie Guillen Cards
    Unique Chicago Cards
    Wrestling Cards
  • Options
    In my opinion, it would have to be EBAY'S grading!

about 80% of the people selling on ebay have no clue about grading cards!image

They grade reprints, cut outs from mag's, recolored and trimmed cards.

And the best part of Ebay's grading is that if there is no grade for the card, they will make one up!

My favorites are (VG-Mint, EX-Gem Mint) and some old time classics (super, beautiful, blazer, sweet, mint for its age and "best one anywhere")

Hope this helps!
    Mark
    ebay (bbcards4me)
  • Options
    i would say for sure any company that is "owned" by the ebay seller.. they are all equally terrible..
  • Options
    calleochocalleocho Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    depending on what cards you buy , i would stay within the big 3 PSA, SGC and GAI

if you are into modern stuff, you should be safe with BGS as well.
    "Women should be obscene and not heard. "
    Groucho Marx
  • Options
    jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    Basically all the "kitchen table" graders will grade trimmed and fake cards. They're just selling a holder and a grade, they don't actually try to do any accurate "grading."
  • Options
    rockdjr is a an abolute moron, i did a search for ngs on ebay and it seems they dont have any cards listed?image

seems a little odd, rockdjr if you dream it, it didnt really happen.

come back to reality

• Options
    now for real grading companies, that might grade counterfit cards, i bought the mickey mantle how to stop a fake book on ebay and they said pretty much anything in a PRO grading case is suspect.

atleast with the mantles
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭

<< <i>rockdjr is a an abolute moron, i did a search for ngs on ebay and it seems they dont have any cards listed?image

seems a little odd, rockdjr if you dream it, it didnt really happen.

come back to reality >>

Just my 2 cents, but maybe before you start calling established members "abolute morons" you could do a little more research.

CU Forum Thread on NGS Grading

NGS Grading Home Page
  • Options
    hahaha, i called him a moron, because he is, look at the ngs thread, its not even a real grading company how could they grade fakes or he even have any experience with them? because he doesnt, he's a liar and a idiot.

• Options

<< <i>hahaha, i called him a moron, because he is, look at the ngs thread, its not even a real grading company how could they grade fakes or he even have any experience with them? because he doesnt, he's a liar and a idiot. >>

Our education tax dollars at work. Doesn't say much for the future of our country. Pretty scary!image

Skip
    I'll take the cards & flowers when I'm living and the BS when I'm dead!

ANGEL OF HOPE

Skip
    TUSTIN CA
  • Options
    jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭

<< <i>hahaha, i called him a moron, because he is, look at the ngs thread, its not even a real grading company how could they grade fakes or he even have any experience with them? because he doesnt, he's a liar and a idiot. >>

Speaking of liars and idiots, this is the guy who dreamed up the NGS scam and tried to legitimize it by posing as someone who was checking it out. When caught and identified as just another school kid goofing around on the Internet, he dropped the pose and got out his squirt gun. Just in case there is anyone here who has not yet got a nice laugh out of the other thread.

Despite all this, I don't think he should abandon the NGS idea. Maybe PRO would even finance the venture, since they are probably tired of being the worst graders known to man. NGS would bump them up a notch.
  • Options
    ROCKDJRWROCKDJRW Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭
    It is nice to know that there will be no humor involved at NGS. It was a joke get over it.
    Collect Ozzie Guillen Cards
    Unique Chicago Cards
    Wrestling Cards
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It is nice to know that there will be no humor involved at NGS. It was a joke get over it. >>

Rockman
    I got it! image

<< <i>Despite all this, I don't think he should abandon the NGS idea. Maybe PRO would even finance the venture, since they are probably tired of being the worst graders known to man. NGS would bump them up a notch. >>

jr
    I see your Pro and NGS and raise it with PGS!

Mike
  • Options
    schr1stschr1st Posts: 1,677 ✭✭
    Actually, there is a thread over on the Beckett boards about some bogus 1988 Cal Ken Griffey Jr. cards that were graded by Beckett's cheap service, BCCG.
    Who is Rober Maris?
  • Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    My link died.