Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Ebay question

I received this email tonight:

Dear eBay user ,

We have ended the following auction(s) on your account as they appear to
have been listed by a third party without your authorization:

2486194040 Harley-Davidson : VRSC : VRSCA
2486164312 Harley-Davidson : Touring : Touring FLH
2485662048 Volkswagen : Beetle (Pre-1998)

In order to resolve this matter , please click here to verify your account information :

http://signin.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ItemsCancelation&ss=h:h:sin:US

Do not respond to this email, as your reply will not be received. If
you would like additional information related to this notice, please
refer to the eBay Contact Customer Support page at the address provided
below and contact us with your concern:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/conta ct_inline/index.html

Thank you for your patience in this matter. Regards, Customer Support (Trust and Safety Department) eBay Inc

Is this another of those bogus Ebay emails, considering it was from "ended@ebay.com" and they don't mention my name in the email?

Comments

• GooberGoober Posts: 980 ✭✭✭
    Sound like it, I tried the auction numbers and there's no record. If they had been started, then removed it would state the auction number and that it is no longer listed in their database.
    Prost!

Why step over the dollar to get to the cent? Because it's a 55DDO.
  • Thanks, Goober image

• wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    It sounds like you have a spoof email. I suggest that you Forward it to spoof@ebay.com and let them decide it.
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • AuldFartteAuldFartte Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭✭
    That's a definite scam/spoof e-mail. Don't respond to it, and, DO forward it to spoof@ebay.com

My OmniCoin Collection
    My BankNoteBank Collection
    Tom, formerly in Albuquerque, NM.
  • Thanks, everyone image

• Lots and lots of garbage like that out there! image I keep getting Suntrust notices too -- and I've never had an account with them. At work we've had them with Discover Cards as well as with from the issuer we have our business credit cards with. PayPal "notices" are common too. Some of them look quite authentic; others can't even be bothered to add the proper logo and run the dang thing through a spellchecker. image
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image
  • GooberGoober Posts: 980 ✭✭✭
    If you get alot of junk try mailwasher. It's a freeware program that allows you to clean up unwanted mail. I was getting over 50 junk emails a day. I used it to 'bounce' back the trash I was getting and within a week was down to maybe a few junk emails a week.
    Prost!

Why step over the dollar to get to the cent? Because it's a 55DDO.
  • In order to resolve this matter , please click here to verify your account information : <------- This line right here tells you it is a fake!

If it was real it would have told you to go login at the main website (And they would NOT provide a link to "take" you there.) As a good general rule, if the email provides a link for you to follow, it's a fake.