Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Who Sells the Real Nice Colored FB Roosies

Wow! Some of the toned Roosies shown on this board are really beautiful. Who are the main dealers of this kind of material?

Cheers

Greg

Comments

• rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭
    There are no dealers who "consistently" have them....real gems are rare...buy one if you see it....You can buy high graded coins from many people (e.g. Onlyroosies) but not with real killer eye appeal.imageimage

MS 68, Wondercoin, Colorfulcoins, greattoning are some of the ones to watch.
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,281 ✭✭✭✭
    Greg, What are you looking for. PM me

Nick
  • wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greg: Bill is right. Truly great Roosies seldom become available and when they do - they often command huge money at auction. Like when Bill stepped up and bought a 50(d) Roosie in 67FB for around $2k earlier this year. That is generally what it takes to buy the great coins. If you are not ready to spend 5x - 20x for super color, forget about the super cool coins I believe in many cases.

What makes matters even more difficult is most ultra serious buyers of Roosies already have their dealers "in their pocket" so to speak. For example, I have a very short list of collectors I would go to with a super special Roosie I got in. The coin would almost never hit ebay, never hit these boards, etc. I know the same is true with others. And, of course, the same is true with many other series of coins.

So, there you have it - want to buy a super special Roosie (I mean the real special stuff)? My 2 cents - make a public announcement that you will pay more than anyone in the country for the great coins and MEAN IT. Give it 90-120 days - watch what comes your way image

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.

• << <i>...You can buy high graded coins from many people (e.g. Onlyroosies) but not with real killer eye appeal.image:

>>

HEEHAWW!image
    "Wars are really ugly! They're dirty
    and they're cold.
    I don't want nobody to shoot me in the foxhole."
    Mary

Best Franklin Website
    Bushmaster,
    Well at least one person appreciates my humor ----- here's my ultimate roosie promise ---- if Onlyroosies finds me a really cool rainbow 61P and sells it to me for only a "ridiculous" price, I'll never tease him again!!!!!!!! Hell, I'll even buy him dinner!!imageimageimage
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    Bill, You still want me to bring my camera to FUN????.
    Nick,
    A big YES. By then the set will be nearly in place. Maybe I'll have a new 49S to show you!image
  • Clever stategy Bill. ( Your out sniffing around the FUN bourse with a hand-held spectrophotometer measuring the various wavelengths emitted by toned coins while Nick is busy photographing your set!)
    "Wars are really ugly! They're dirty
    and they're cold.
    I don't want nobody to shoot me in the foxhole."
    Mary

Best Franklin Website
  • Thank you for the ideas. Looks like Onlyroosies and Wondercoin are the two regular dealers on the board. Wondercoin, when you say 5x to 20x for the great toners, are you referring to times PCGS price guide quotations. What kind of prices can I expect to have to pay for some of the more common dates (pre 65) in 67FB nicely toned?

Cheers

Greg
  • wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "What kind of prices can I expect to have to pay for some of the more common dates (pre 65) in 67FB nicely toned?"

Greg: I mentioned a 50(d) that commanded $2,000 this year at auction and saw a great deal of attention by very sophisticated / well respected bidders. Of course, they are often available for far less money - perhaps as little as $200- $500 for super quality toners - depends on the auction, who needs what, etc.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
    Greg, The PCGS price guide for Roosevelt dimes is totally useless. Some to high and some to low. PCGS
    shows a value of $1200 for a 58P 66FB. You can pick the coin up for 15% of that number. I just made
    a super pretty 54D 67FB that I would sell for less then the PCGS price guide and about a 20% premium
    over a white coin. As Mitch said earlier this type of coin will never hit eBay or the auctions. It only takes
    a couple e-mails or PM's to those in the know and the coin is gone.

Nick
  • ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭
    Color = Money
    Big Color = Big Money
    Incredible Color = Incredible Money

The good news is that Rosy's tone nicely and are relatively plentiful. But to complete a whole silver set in MS67FB 1946-1964, plan on many years of searching and buying OR have VERY deep pockets. An excellent example here on the boards is rainbowroosie...pretty near 20 years building a set of consistently rainbow toned MS67/68 grade coins and he's still not done. When rainbowroosie sets his sights on a rainbow wonder-coin, WATCH OUT. Patience, money, connections and luck will take you far! And don't foget to keep an eye open for raw set - those can contain some great coins if you look hard enough.....but some raw sets today can sell for $1000's of dollars. Good luck and enjoy the ride!
    Craig
    If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!