Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Shipping from abroad?

Since the board is a little sparse now I will ask a question. What is the "normal" shipping time to the east coast from the following countries:

UK
France
Canada

I understand that these will be general in nature but for someone who normally purchases within the US, I would like to have some idea before I start getting image

Thanks

Dan
The glass is half full!

Comments

• Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can get coins from the UK in 5-7 days, usually five. Canada is a crap shoot. May be 5 days or two weeks. France - no experience.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    I got my French Tour de France commem in 4 days from the time I purchased it at the French Mint's website last year.
    Roy

• Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    I received a medal, from a seller in France, in about five days.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    Depends. I once sent a package to DC from BC and it took 3 months. I usally had to wait a week and a half to two weeks to send something from Van Isle to the east US. Conversely newbiecollector sent me a coin and it took a week. Ajaan sent me something from Buffalo NY to me in Germany and it took less than a week. It's a mystery.
  • Options
    nencoinnencoin Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭✭
    In our experience (lots of experience sending out to those countries, some receiving from them), I would say have lots of patience with coins coming in from Canada. Be excited if you receive a coin in one to two weeks. And don't be surprised if you get something from Canada four or more weeks after it was mailed.

Stuff from UK will probably arrive within a week, maybe tens days tops. I don't believe we've received anything FROM France, but sending to them has averaged about two weeks for us.

chris
  • Options
    From the feedbacks I have had back from buyers, the mail seems to take between 5 - 7 days. The record to the US was 30 hours!
    Tony Harmer
    Web: www.tonyharmer.org
  • Options
    From France, I've experienced anything from 5-10 days. Germany has been rather "iffier" and I have a couple German dealers who drive to Luxembourg to post packages to me.
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image