Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

T-206, Raw Cards, Grading, and expectations

Looking for a general discussion of this issue or pre war raw and graded cards and the ebay experience.
A question about T-206 raw cards on ebay. Leaving the propensity to receive overgraded cards aside, how comfortable would you be submitting , on a regular basis, raw cards purchased from reputable ebay dealers (high, unblemished feeback)to PSA or SGC for grading?
Could I expect that the vast majority of the stuff I receive will be a) true to size on this issue, and b) not a scuffed up reprint?
Has PSA gotten any better recognizing the size differences in back variations from this set such as American Beauty backs being a bit narrower in size? Do they now holder them consistently?
I understand that most reputable ebay dealers would probably take a raw card back if you could make a serious case for being unhappy and some might take it back no questions asked. I am certainly trying to avoid a lot of shuttling back and forth in advance.
I would be buying cards in the VG to EXMT range and most of the times they would be commons from the set. I enjoy the experience of grading myself and have been amazed on the flip side about the relative strength of graded examples from this set in PSA 1/2/3/4 grade, especially the amount of different bidders represented in each auction bidder list. Very strong action in the short amount of time I have been watching.
Looking forward to the varied opinions on this.
RayBShotz
Never met a Vintage card I didn't like!

Comments

• Options
    I've stuck almost purely to pre-submitted, already slabbed copies of T206s since I started collecting a while back. More for the peace of mind on my part.

I bought a few from a reputable dealer once and got them graded. As expected, they were a little high on their grade scale, but I got the grades I expected.

Good luck!