Home Sports Talk
Options

Got tix today to ALCS and WS if the Yanks make it

EOM

Comments

• Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    are they good seats? how much did it set you back?

JS
  • Options
    Good for you. I live in Sf so unless the A's make it I doubt ill be seeing the Sox in person.
    Check out my Coins at policecollection.com
    The link to Coins is at the bottom of the page
  • Options
    <<are they good seats? how much did it set you back?>>

Kevin, I have a Partial Season Ticket Plan (12 Saturday games) so I couldn't get the same seats I have during the regular season (right in back of Field Level). Last year partial season ticket holders weren't even eligible for Post Season tix but this year the Yankees decided to allow the partial holders to buy a maximum of 6 tickets, 2 per series 3 days before they went on sale to the general public. So to answer your question I got 2 Bleacher seats to Game 6 of the WS (if there is one for the Yankees) for $160 which includes ripoff Ticket Master fees which I don't have to pay for the regular season tickets. I paid $120 for the ALCS Game 2. These were the only WS seats available in pairs of 2 and WS Game 1 was sold out except for some individual seats spread throughout the stadium. I would rather have Bleacher seats than the Nose Bleed Section, and even if I was able to get my seats, they probably would have been 3 times as much, which I would have probably forgone.
  • Options
    Gemmy - that should be fun. Hopefully you can use the WS ticket.

I have an idea...so that we can all spot you on the tube. How about donning a mutli-colored wig, and holding up a sign with some biblical chapter and verse on it. There is a void in the sports world on this. I believe that the dude who used to do it years ago is behind bars. You will definitely get on camera! image
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options
    Also got Game 2 of Division Series today. Have any of you ever sat in the Bleachers at Yankee Stadium? If so, how are the bleacher seats? Any better than tier (upper deck)? Thanks.
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    Bring your bonoculars if you want a good view (being serious). You won't have the same perspective of the mound/batter's box as you would from the upper deck. Hope you enjoy. Been there.

• Options
    Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990
    Dirty Harry,

The Bleacher seats seem to be a happening place ala the "Bleacher Creatures". It seems like it will be fun.
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    Gemmy - I am jealous. I now live in Maryland, and have to put up with Peter Antiwingelos. Please tell me you'll put on the wig so we can spot you. The rest of the "bleacher bums" will be doing much more absurd things!

• Options
    Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990
    <<have an idea...so that we can all spot you on the tube. How about donning a mutli-colored wig, and holding up a sign with some biblical chapter and verse on it. There is a void in the sports world on this. I believe that the dude who used to do it years ago is behind bars>>

Yes, he is prison. I saw a documentary about him on ESPN. I believe he went beserk. I don't want to join him even though I am a littel touched myself. LOL