Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Does Anyone know what the new specials are going to be?

Just wondering, sometimes this info gets out a little early
LOS ANGELES LAKERS BASKETBALL
OKLAHOMA SOONERS FOOTBALL
LOS ANGELES DODGERS BASEBALL
NEW YORK RANGERS HOCKEY
DETRIOT LIONS FOOTBALL
OKLAHOMA SOONERS BASKETBALL

Comments

• Any word?
  • SouthsiderSouthsider Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
    Looks like they're just continuing the $12/5 day special another month.
  • They changed it since my last post. The ticket special was a two-monther to begin with. So it appears that its the same as last month.
  • BuccaneerBuccaneer Posts: 1,794 ✭✭

<< <i>Looks like they're just continuing the $12/5 day special another month. >>

They must be regulating demand. Except for high value cards, paying $12 to grade a single card is outrageous, imo. A 5-day turnaround means nothing to me (but it may to others). My annual membership is up and it looks like I won't renew anytime soon. I just don't see the value - of 6 free grading that must include an exhorbant cost for s&h&i, a nearly worthless SMR magazine and regular grading fees plus s&h&i that are too high, imo. If they can get fees down to $5 and keep s&h&i reasonable, then I would renew.
  • packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    They leave that one so when the bulk submissions takle 2 months you send one in on the 5 day so that you can remember what it is like to see grades pop up.image
  • SouthsiderSouthsider Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
    I'm in the same situation. My membership has been up since March, and I've been waiting for a good special to urge me to renew. It just hasn't happened yet. I check in at the end of every month and come away dissapointed.
  • this is really lame in my opinion, if you wanted this special you would have used it by now.
    LOS ANGELES LAKERS BASKETBALL
    OKLAHOMA SOONERS FOOTBALL
    LOS ANGELES DODGERS BASEBALL
    NEW YORK RANGERS HOCKEY
    DETRIOT LIONS FOOTBALL
    OKLAHOMA SOONERS BASKETBALL
  • MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    I hate to be the dissenting opinion in what appears to be a mass bash, but I'm not disappointed with the continuation of that particular special - I've been adding cards to my upcoming submission all month, planning on using the September special and I still haven't sent it in. Imagine my joy at seeing it extended for October.

Sorry to interrupt the feeding frenzy....image
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    the 5 day special has been running for well over a year now , it used to be $10 which was a good deal in my mind and they bumped it to $12. I don't have as much a problem with that , it's the lame ticket special that runs for 2 months , do you really need 2 months for modern tickets?
  • BuccaneerBuccaneer Posts: 1,794 ✭✭

<< <i>I hate to be the dissenting opinion in what appears to be a mass bash, but I'm not disappointed with the continuation of that particular special - I've been adding cards to my upcoming submission all month, planning on using the September special and I still haven't sent it in. Imagine my joy at seeing it extended for October.

Sorry to interrupt the feeding frenzy....image >>

Mark, not all of us can spend $12 plus s&h&i on cards worth $3-5 that we want to have graded by next week. image
  • I was a little dissapointed with the special as well.
    I was hoping to put together a submission of 50-100 cards but looks like that won't happen anytime soon.
    Think i've only submitted one time this whole entire year but thats nothing buy my own fault as well.

Looks like the small guy with limited funds to spend on collecting is wrapped around the finger of PSA.
    My addiction to the set registry makes this even more difficult.

I'm not bashing and i'll stop whining.

If anyone wants to go in on a Modern Bulk send me a PM.
    I'm a pretty trustworthy individual and i'll provide my Ebay feedback with references from board members.
    I'm tired of waiting around!!!

Ben