Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

How long after you receive your winning item do you leave feedback?

I sold an item on eBay last week and I shipped it on Saturday and the package was delivered yesterday (9/27). I was just wondering what the appropriate amount of time should go buy before he should leave me feedback. I already left him feedback when I received the payment.

Thanks for your help.

Kerri

Comments

• xbaggypantsxbaggypants Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭
    As soon as I get the item, some people never leave feedback.

Ryan

• I will send 1 email a week, for 3 weeks, after I track items are recieved, so 3 more requesting "Please leave feedback once card is received" I always leave feedback as soon as I get product. UNLESS there is anything shetchy about the card, looks trimmed, borders look touched up etc. Then I will work it out with the seller. OI am planning on leaving a negative, I receievd card, giant crease through it, amailed a few times, heard nothing. Just sent an email stating "if no repsonse, NEGATIVe will be left. Stille haven't heard????
  • dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭✭
    One does not have to leave feedback. I intentionally don't leave feedback if the seller asks me to.

Don
    > [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=61611&_sargn=-1&saslc=1&_salic=1&_fss=1&_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&_saslop=1&_sasl=mygirlsthree3&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭
    I think an appropriate amount of time is 1 week. Some people are just too busy to get to it right away.
    Bob
    ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • I agree with DonTippet. Feedback is optional and if a seller asks me to leave it I usually don't or will leave something like

Positive: Here is the feedback you kept bugging me about.
  • I will bug a seller who has not left me feedback, but as far as a buyer goes, I leave them alone. I just got some feedback from 2 buyers from over a month ago. If you want to build up your feedback rating (if that's a concern) make a number of small purchases. Regards.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • I think the seller should always leave feedback first. It is the buyer who trusts the seller first...
  • yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    I agree, YDS. I hate the little feedback games that get played on eBay. Once I receive payment, I leave feedback. Once I receive an item, I leave feedback. There's almost never more than a 24-hour delay with me. I realize that some people deal with such huge volumes that they just periodically leave mass feedback, but I resent it when sellers hold your feedback hostage until you leave it for them.

I'll sometimes e-mail winning bidders with feedback reminders - especially if they're a newbie or if it was a fairly substantial item - but I don't really do too much of that anymore.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • I have been burned by too many buyers on Ebay in the past who will play feedback games with sellers. Had one I left feedback for first then he filed non-delivery even though I had a signature confirmation number. When Paypal denied his claim he negged me, but admited in an email to me that he felt he overpayed for it and was wanting some of his money back. Had a couple of others try to get refunds after I left feedback saying they would neg me if I did not give them their money back. I explained my refund policy and then was negged because I wanted them to return the card first. Just the other day I left a positive for a buyer first. Took him 2 weeks to send payment then he negged me the day after I recieved the payment because I did not overnight the card to him. It was a 1.25 card.

Aside from that many times sellers use feedback to guage if the customer is happy, if a customer leaves feedback upon receipt you can be 99% certain they are happy with the card, usually if I have not heard from the buyer 10 days after either email or feedback I will email them and ask if there was any problem with the transaction. If there is none I will usually leave feedback at that time anyway unless I feel uneasy about the buyer.
  • Immediately; it isn't as frequently done for me.
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always leave FB immediately after receiving the item and am satisfied.
    On that note about a sale, I won an item on Sep 6th; paid with paypal. At about the 3 week mark I emailed him to ask about my item - no response. Right at the 3 week mark I emailed him and told him that if I did not get a response to this 2nd and last email by Wed. 29th, that I was going to call paypal and reverse the payment. I told this person that I would allow this to slip past the 30 day paypal window. Still no email response?

your friend
    Mike

Mike
  • As a seller, When I get payment it's usually 24-36 hours for me. If it takes more than 2 weeks (since I said that payment must be received within 10 days of auction's end), I don't leave any feedback.
  • I don't really ask for feedback, but if I pay promptly, and leave good feedback when I receive the item. Its only fair its returned to me.

If they don't leave me feedback. (Which seems to be the style of late) I just don't buy from them again. Its good business.
    Collector of T201 Mecca double folders. Graded and Raw...
  • AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭
    I leave immediate feedback after receiving the item--as long as the seller has already left me feedback for my prompt payment.

If the seller has not left me any feedback, I sometimes send them an email to let them know I received the item(s) and am satisfied. I add that if they wish to leave feedback, I will return the favor.

If they never leave feedback, I do not either (sellers should leave feedback first), and as "kehfee" said-I will not bid on any more of their auctions again. I always pay within 24 hours using Paypal unless they do not take Paypal--so if my prompt payment does not warrant a postitive from them, then they do not really want my business in the future. Their loss and their stupidity for losing a good customer who pays quickly.
    I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.
  • aro13aro13 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭
    If the item is as described I leave feedback within 24 hours of receiving the item.
  • Buyers should leave feedback first. What difference does it make- other than the color of that tiny star next to your name- if you are a buyer and your feedback is 25 or 25000? A Sellers reputation is far more important and should be protected. A Buyer can still win any item with a few negs but a seller may not get the sale they deserve if they've been burned by a few cranky eBayer's who didn't get their .99 cent card within a week. Read funlover1974 comments.

<< <i>I will send 1 email a week, for 3 weeks, after I track items are recieved, so 3 more requesting "Please leave feedback once card is received" q]

image If only I had that much free time.
    A's World Championships-1910, 1911, 1913, 1929, 1930, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1989
  • Still no feedback from this guy....oh well. I left him positive feedback first because he paid so quickly.

Thanks for all your replies....I'm just trying to get the hang of this.
  • aro13aro13 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭
    kerriberri - One way to check if they usually leave feedback is to go to their feedback file (click on their feedback number). Once you are there click on left for others and it will tell you if they usually leave feedback and how quick they are to respond.
  • helionauthelionaut Posts: 1,555 ✭✭
    I tend to buy from the same people over and again, and usually don't get around to leaving feedback for sellers until some has stacked up (about once or twice a month), then I just go down the list leaving basically the same comment. When I sell, I wait until either a) they leave feedback for me or b) they tell me they got the item, which I ask them to do in a note I ship with the item, just for my protection against the psychos ot there. For me, the transaction's not complete till both parties are satisfied. To date, though, I've been more generous in feedback than my correspondents. I've left 1557 comments, and received 1343 (all positive except one slapback neutral). It'd be nice to have that extra couple hundred, but once you get to about 50 with no negs, over a span of time, the numbers aren't as important.

Huh, over 1500 transactions in not quite 6 years, about 3 every 4 days. I should slow down and read more books or something.
    WANTED:
    2005 Origins Old Judge Brown #/20 and Black 1/1s, 2000 Ultimate Victory Gold #/25
    2004 UD Legends Bake McBride autos & parallels, and 1974 Topps #601 PSA 9
    Rare Grady Sizemore parallels, printing plates, autographs

Nothing on ebay
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

As a seller : as soon as I receive payment.
    As a buyer : when I get around to it. Could be up to 2 months or more ...

eBay feedback is all BS anyway.
    Unless the other guy comes over to your house and trys to kill you, he ends up getting a positive.

Total BS ...

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"

• << <i>I will send 1 email a week, for 3 weeks, after I track items are recieved, so 3 more requesting "Please leave feedback once card is received" I always leave feedback as soon as I get product. UNLESS there is anything shetchy about the card, looks trimmed, borders look touched up etc. Then I will work it out with the seller. OI am planning on leaving a negative, I receievd card, giant crease through it, amailed a few times, heard nothing. Just sent an email stating "if no repsonse, NEGATIVe will be left. Stille haven't heard???? >>

Good luck, honestly image I've learned (on more than one occasion) that some people just won't care image
    Kobe Who? image At least Dwyane pays proper respect to Da Big Aristotle image

Yes, I collect shiny modern crap image

All your Shaq are belong to me image