Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Aaron 714, unused ticket in '74 ... now what?

I'm trying to figure out what to do with what has to be an extreme rarity -- an unused (i.e., stub attached) ticket to opening day at Riverfront Stadium in Cincinnati in 1974, when Hank Aaron hit No. 714. The good news is that the ticket is virtually perfect, except for the words "Aaron hits No. 714" written on a blank spot in the back. The bad news is that it's one of those long generic tickets issued back then and doesn't even have a date -- just the words "opening day" and the year. It would be great if this could end up with a serious Aaron collector (and that I could make some money off of it, of course), but it's daunting to even establish some idea of what this is worth or how best to proceed.

Suggestions appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    several suggestions:

1) try the ticketstubcollector.com message board and post this information there- you should find a few knowledgable collectors who may be able to help
    2) contact Dennis Jose of Chicagotix.com or Lenny Stern at SirMook@aol.com- they are THE dealers for ticket stubs
    3) if you decide to sell, I would not reccomend Ebay. There is a huge difference between prices realized between Ebay and Mastronet, for example, which often has nice lots of stubs. I would cosign it to an auction house
    4) If you must sell it on Ebay, wait until Bonds hits #714 when interest would be highest
  • Options
    Good ideas, all. I had written off the ebay option and wondered where else to turn. Thanks for the input.