Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Bonds' Balls: Here we go again!

Comments

• Options
    kobykoby Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    "Immediately after the 700 home run ball fell to the area of plaintiff's feet, plaintiff established possession, dominion and control over the ball by sitting on it and securing it with his right leg," according to the suit."

That is such BS. The guy sat on the ball and he is claiming this established possession and dominion. Ridiculous.
  • Options
    This is just pathetic.
  • Options
    I think I am going to sue as well. I was approximately one thousand miles away when it was hit and I am sure if this guy had not established possession of the ball with his leg it would have surely been kicked all the way to where I was at ultimately costing me my rightful ownership of this historic ball.

Does anyone have the # to a good attorney?

Todd
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Does anyone have the # to a good attorney? >>

1-800-LAW-SUIT

Mike
  • Options
    BugOnTheRugBugOnTheRug Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭
    I will be filing a suit soon. I am genetically tied to this ball...................

Some of the exact atoms which are part of and make up this ball were once part of my ancestrial being and environment millions of years ago. While I can not trace each one exactly to this ball, statistically I can make a strong case for at least 1 atom being shared with this ball and with my ancient ancestry. Therefore, I have no recourse but to claim my rights to this ball - in it's entirety. This will insure that I will be in possession of at least that 1 atom, to which by virture of ancestry, rightfully belongs to me.

There you have it folks........seems like an open and shut case for me.

BOTR
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>There you have it folks........seems like an open and shut case for me. >>

BOTR
    You got my vote! But, I may have a better case....see I was supposed to go to the game and I know if I were sitting in the seat I sold on ebay that I would have caught the ball! That provides me with a de facto
    jurisdictional claim to the affore mentioned item in question. I will be retaining the law firm of Maloney and Maloney in San Antonio.

Stone
    Mike
  • Options
    When I first saw the title of this post, I thought it had to do with steriods....ala the antihesis of enlarged hat size due to steriods. You know...shrinking. I finallly decided to read it when I figured hat sizes were much more evident and available to measure than ball sizes. I think the biblical approach should be taken on this. Threaten to cut the ball in half...then see what happens. Regards.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options
    Both sides agreed a videotape showed the ball in Popov's glove. They couldn't agree on what defines possession - Popov's split-second catch or Hayashi's final grab.

Isn't "POSESSION 9/10's of the law"

or is it "Finder's Keeper's Loser's Weeper's"

I can't remember.
    imageimage