Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Cops... they're on the way to my house!

I must file a report in order to get a case number. Once that happens... a call will be made to the RHPD (in CT) then a trip will be made out to this bums house who is trying to rip me off.
http://www.kardkollector.cjb.net/

Amos Zereoue ('99 RC - Steelers/Raiders)
Avon Cobourne ('03 RC - Lions)
Quincy Wilson ('04 RC - Falcons)

Comments

• Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Get my Griffin back!

LOL

Hey I saw a Qunicy redemption from the new UD product today but the guy wouldn't give it up..

OH well

Kevin
  • Options
    Hopefully this will be resolved by the weekend.

I saw like 8-9 of Wilson's Foundations Auto hit eBay. One guy had a sub-title of 'could be serial numbered to 25 or less!' I guess he's wrong! image

Alas... when I do get the Griffin in our deal can be straightened out. It's as good as yours...

Did you need the Fargas also?

• Options
    Got here about 10 minutes ago... took a lil' while. But... I filed a theft report with my local PD. Which will now give me my identity. Left a message for the local PD in his area to let me know if there is anything else I can do.

• Options
    Wildcat...keep us updated!

You could be the case study on how to get your money back when you are scamed.

Good Luck!
    Mark
  • Options
    Trying my best. Do way this kid is getting away w/ $130 in cards. Not to mention it was my two 'best' cards. Ugh... what are ya' gonna' do ya' know?

• Options
    Well... I've been in contact with the police where he lives and the police here multiple times. I need to get the report I filled out faxed to the others cops. I also called his house again today and a woman picked up she was all, "Eric? He wouldn't do that." It turns out this person IS an adult. That's just terrible... trying to rip lil' ole' me off. Like I said... it's not happening.

• Options
    ROCKDJRWROCKDJRW Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭
    I admire you for going through all this effort. I would have probably deemed it as too much trouble and cut my losses. My hats off to you and keep us posted!
    Collect Ozzie Guillen Cards
    Unique Chicago Cards
    Wrestling Cards
  • Options
    Heard back from the US Postal Inspection Service today - through the mail. Now after 45 MORE days I can send it in saying he hasn't made good on the deal. After that the USPIS will take it further if needed.

On the other hand, the police side of things. I've contacted the cop in the other state trying to get a fax number then the local PD here will fax a copy of my report to them. I've sent two e-mails asking but he won't reply now.

• Options
    Get 'Em! Get 'Em! I am in same situation with someone. Your doing good so far and on the right track. Your complaint to Postal Service was done OnLine, correct? I received same letter as you as that was just one of the steps I've taken. Here's some additional information that may help you and any other victim out there.
    Know that the Police and Post Office won't get you your money or card back necessarily. Not their job. They will arrest and prosecute suspect through the criminal process. This is considered Mail Fraud (Internet falls under this heading also). Basically, Anything done through the postal system. Don't have to be funds in exchange for an item or the sole use of Postal Money Order as payment even if that were the case. Many people misundestand requirements to file complaint with Post office. ANY form of payment that is accepted and then a default by other party to produce is Felony mail fraud.
    Know that in the structure of the deal, if no time is given for delivery (ex: please allow 6-8 days/wks/decades..whatever) then it is determined by Law to be 30 days from payment date. They must notify you in a very specific time, way and manner when shipment would exceed 30 days OR be in default. You then have some options to what you can do.
    Very Very IMPORTANT is that FIRST email!!! Who came to Whom with the offer. This determines the Initiating Party. Why is this critical? The only sure way to secure what is owed to you is to Sue. Law states that one must file in jurisdiction of the defendant (him). EXCEPTION to this is the Initiatitor making first contact whether by phone or internet losses that priviledge. You can file suit and Summons in your own jurisdiction. You know that person will default by not showing. I mean, if they can afford the trip to Defend against your complaint they could afford you and would surely be less costly to them. You then petition an attachment of property in amount seeking. Add in all cost of everything spent to sue.
    Now, getting back to Post office. You can wait your 45 days and proceed OL with them, BUT your best option is that PLUS a complaint form with written declaration of your case, attach all receipts and emails regarding then hand deliver to your local Head PostMaster. Postal Service is Federal...they are quicker in response and stiffer in penalties for FELONY Mail Fraud. Opposed to your local PD. Do not wait on them!!! They are good for getting complaint a matter of record to start things off. They do a preliminary investigation when they have time. The value involved along with any track record is directly porportional to the speed of their actions!!
    EX: $100 value and your the only problem they ever had...Oppose to....my $5000 and dozens of other victims totaling value $20-30K or better. Which do you think would get quicker resolve?

Reason why I mentioned the process to sue is because personally I would prefer to get what I can back first, before they are sent to prision and only making 15 cents/hr for the next 10-20 yrs.

GOOD LUCK and don't give up! Hope this helps people.

Yaya
    COLLECT KEN GRIFFEY JR BGS 9.5 AND PSA 10'S THAT HAS NOT YET FOUND THEIR WAY INTO THE GREATEST GRADED GRIFFEY COLLECTION TO BE AMASSED....
    REF>EBAY
    scrubTK@aol.com
    hoorayforsocks24@yahoo.com
    Bruinswillraisethecup
    Dillpickles12772
    Tony27