Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Turkey announce currency reform

I don't think anybody mentioned this here:

Link

Wonder what will happen with their daily commemoratives program image
4 765 of 50 971 (9.35%) complete image

First DAMMIT BOY! 25/9/05 (Finally!)

" XpipedreamR is cool because you can get a bottle of 500 for like a dollar. " - Aspirin

Comments

• Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    "...proof that chronic inflation which has plagued the country for decades has been defeated."

What a crock. All they have to do is print more of the new currency...image...which, I'm sure, politicians could easily do.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    Well, at least they'll save money on ink, not having to print all those extra zeros. image Actually, it will probably instill renewed confidence in Turkey's currency. Constantly having to pay out in tremendously large amounts for inexpensive items has to be a bit depressing.
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image
  • Options

<< <i>Well, at least they'll save money on ink, not having to print all those extra zeros. image Actually, it will probably instill renewed confidence in Turkey's currency. Constantly having to pay out in tremendously large amounts for inexpensive items has to be a bit depressing. >>

On a positive note, everyone there could be a billionaire!image
  • Options
    spoonspoon Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭
    Well it's about time!

I'd hate to see the whole teuro phenomenon happen with this currency conversion.. "Oh, oops, so sorry, that is an old price tag..." imageimageimage
  • Options
    bosoxbosox Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭✭
    During my military career I spent 1978 and 1979 in Turkey on the European side (Thrace) about 100 km southwest of Istanbul. No BS, the Turkish lira was then 20 lira to one US dollar. image
    Numismatic author & owner of the Uncommon Cents collections. 2011 Fred Bowman award winner, 2020 J. Douglas Ferguson award winner, & 2022 Paul Fiocca award winner.

http://www.victoriancent.com
  • Options
    I wonder if somebody will attempt to pass on old notes to unsuspecting tourists. I've heard this happened here in 1999 image
    4 765 of 50 971 (9.35%) complete image

First DAMMIT BOY! 25/9/05 (Finally!)

" XpipedreamR is cool because you can get a bottle of 500 for like a dollar. " - Aspirin