Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Can anybody explain this?

I was looking through 1975 Topps Mini Brett PSA 8's and came across these 2 auctions:

GAI

PSA

Is GAI stuff closing higher than PSA stuff? Last time I checked, PSA still dominated the marketplace. Are these results common on other years or is this just a fluke? I could understand a little variance if one card is nicer than the other, but nearly twice the price?

Comments

• Options
    Twice the price is unusual, but also note the GAI was sold by Sandiegowill, they have a following on ebay, they are trusted and that counts on ebay.

I love GAI...the grading is on par w/PSA. I don't think they grade centering as hard. But I LOVE the label that wrap around the top of the slab and it show the card info...great when your cards are stored in a box, you don't have to pull some out or flip like a card catalog.

I have a GAI 7 1973 M. Schmidt rookie that is a blazer...I can't understand why it didn't score higher!

and the best part of it, was I won it on ebay last November for $71.00. It is a easy PSA 8. It was my first GAI and I was very surprised to see that beauty of a card score so low.

also note the psa Brett has a $5.95 shipping charge that didn't help along with the small scan compared to the GAI Brett.

Just my .02!
    Mark
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    the high priced one was sold by a major dealer and was a better looking card in terms of centering.

also the presentation was much better , as the scans were clear and large opposed to small and blurry. which price is right , I don't know as I don't follow these cards.
  • Options
    calleochocalleocho Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    PSA is still the big dog

GAI 8.5 which were supposed to have a premium

vs

PSA 8

Sandiegowill also sold a GAI 8 1975 topps Pete Rose on the 19th of this month

A nice card from a big time dealer with a following sold for $27 in that gai holder

on the 20th and the 26th of this month two different PSA 8's of have sold for $49.99 and $37.59

on the 21st of this month a PSA 9 OC sold for $35.63
    "Women should be obscene and not heard. "
    Groucho Marx