Home Sports Talk
Options

Prayers needed

Hello to everyone. Some of you may have noticed the absence of my LSU smack in the last couple of weeks. My wife went into pre-term labor and we've been in the hospital trying to hold off the labor and contractions. We lost a child in February when my wife delivered at 24 weeks. We are a little better off right now, at 29 weeks, but by no means out of the woods. As of now things are fairly under control, but she is still having 8-10 contractions per day. I would just like all of my friends here to pray with us for a better outcome this time.

Thanks--Jason

Comments

• Options
    Our prayers are with you. Hope everything turns out OK.

Remember these Chuck Norris Facts

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
    2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
    3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    JASON BEEN THERE MYSELF! MY PRAYERS WITH YOU ALSO. KEEP HEAD UP AND STAY POSITIVE!
  • Options
    GeomanGeoman Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭
    Jason,

My wife and I just had our third (4 1/2, 2 1/2 and newborn in June) and two were 4 weeks early. Nothing like you guys have experience, but I do know what you are going through. We also lost one 6 years ago. Hang tough, it is worth it!!!!!!!! My prayers are with you and your wife!
  • Options
    You have my prayers...
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    My prayers too. I hope all goes well.

Brian
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    I will say a prayer too Jason. I know about preterm labor first hand - my wife just went through it. My son Jack was born on Thursday night and was 6 weeks early at 34 weeks. He has been in the NICU since, and is doing great. His "roomate" was a baby girl who was just released - she was a 28 week termer and is HOME as we speak.

Good luck and take care - everything will be just fine.

Neal
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    My prayers are with you also, my daughter was born at 24 weeks, doctors prepared me and my wife for the worst. She is now 10 years old and completely healthy, shorter than the rest of her classmates but healthy. Keep your chin up and we'll all pray for the best.image
    Culpepper to ?, only God knows at this point!
  • Options
    Best of luck. It is not within your control, so try to remain positive. Prayers are with you. Regards.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Jas

In the real world football and smack mean nothing. You are a great poster and have been missed, I hope you
    know that we are all behind you. If there is anything we can do, you know where to find us!

God Bless

Kevin
  • Options
    Kev's right . This sport talk should all be taking with a grain of salt. It's really just a game. Family and friends is what it's really all about. I wish you the best and pray everything turns out fine.

Watching my wife go thru her first pregnancy and now her second ( due early Nov. ) just proves to me again that women are the stronger of the sexes. I don't know about you guys but i wouldn't be able to go through what these women go through

Best of luck Jason
  • Options
    My prayers are with you!
    Go Cowboys!!!!!!!!!! image
  • Options
    UllrUllr Posts: 185 ✭✭✭
    My wife and I miscarried in Feb. 03 and were devastated. After some tense moments, we had beautiful baby girl last May.image

Stay strong and you are in my prayers.
    collecting '67 & '75 red sox + baseball HOF autographs
  • Options
    Consider it done! Good luck!
  • Options
    aconteaconte Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭
    My prayers are with you also.

aconte
  • Options
    Great news. My wife gets to come home Friday! No contractions in over a week and things are looking great. It seem the docs were a little off on the due date as well. By the old date, she shold be 31 weeks, but by the latest ultrasound the baby is measuring 35 weeks. Could be all those steroids they gave for the lung development when she first went in. They are now telling me that if she goes full term he could be between 12 and 13 lbs!!!! Thanks to everyone for your prayers.
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    12-13 pounds!!..WOW I guess those prayers are for your wife! LOL

Seriously, thats great news! Please keep us up to date and good luck, there is nothing like being a dad!

Kevin
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is great news Jasonimage

If that's true about the baby's weight, and if he's a he, then you might have a LSU lineman in the makingimage

Continued best wishes and prayers to you and your wifeimage

Steve
  • Options
    Thanks guys. I'm going to pick her up in the morning. I got a lot of work ahead of me tonight, though. Been no one but me and my 3 year old son here for the last month so you can imagine what condition the house is in. Looks like a hurricane came through. Probably be up all night tonight washing dishes, laundry, vaccuming, etc. LOLimage