Home Sports Talk
Options

Monday night football

Monday Nighter: trends say back the 'Boys
Andrew Folkes

Here’s a little fodder for all you stat heads and number junkies to toss around the water cooler as the Monday Nighter approaches.

If you’re a Redskins backer, you might want to be conservative tonight - the Cowboys have been a drain on your bankroll for the last five years.

Since September of 1999, Washington has cashed in only once against their archrivals, giving them a 1-9 ATS record against the Cowboys over that span. Dallas, a single-point underdog tonight, has not failed to cover as a puppy against the Redskins over the last five years. On the same note, the books have been giving them an average of just under six points when they’re not favored.

The last time Dallas dropped the cash to Washington was in October, 2001. They beat the Redskins 9-7, but just missed the pay window as 3-point home favorites.

Showdowns between these teams have also been profitable to under backers as five of their last six meetings have gone under the total. But take heed, it’s been close. The total in those five games fell under the number by an average of a little more than a field goal.

With the NFL’s best overall defense and a sputtering offense, the under has cashed in both Redskins games this season. The Cowboys are 1-1 in the over/under department, but after Vinny Testaverde threw for 355 yards against the Vikings in Week 1, the total was set at 38 when they faced the Browns in Week 2.

It’s hard to say how Washington’s defense - sans LaVar Arrington - will fair against the league’s best passing offense. They’ve been stellar against the run, allowing a miniscule 21.5 yards per game rushing. But they're more vulnerable in the air with 177 yards against per game.

add also hamerin hank picked boys 19-17!!! se ya at the half!!

Comments

• Options
    xbaggypantsxbaggypants Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭
    I like the Skins to win by 3. 20-17

Ryan
  • Options
    I win either way as an Eagles fan; hope they each batter themselves silly...however, I dislike the Cowboys including their City and yahoo bumpkins they play in front of; the other team ( Redskins ) have a detestable owner...well come to think of it, Jones is no prize either.

In summation, I could care less so it will be fun to watch.