Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Star Wars Heritage tomorrow?

We got all excited when this was first advertised, still glowing from Heritage baseball. It doesn't look like it'll be as good as I first hoped. Why couldn't they use the 1977 design for all the cards? And why won't Harrison Ford sign the dingdang cards? Does he have to be such a jerk about SW all the time? I dunno, I'm glad I didn't order a case or anything.
WANTED:
2005 Origins Old Judge Brown #/20 and Black 1/1s, 2000 Ultimate Victory Gold #/25
2004 UD Legends Bake McBride autos & parallels, and 1974 Topps #601 PSA 9
Rare Grady Sizemore parallels, printing plates, autographs

Nothing on ebay

Comments

• joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Im going to buy some, and then of course be hooked, it would take a lot for me to be turned off...things
    like poor quality, redemptions or sour gum. They meant for this to be out with the DVD's...a little late
    but I think the buzz is still there. Too bad about HF, he is too cool for this I guess. The minute someone
    pops this stuff let us know!!!

Kevin
  • kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    ill pop one at 11am est tomorow morning! as far as i know han solo auto's were supposed to be in this! i know mark hamil is in for sure. but i was under the impression han was also. ill find out tomorow when i bust the box.
  • AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    Anyone have a link so I could check them out?
  • DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    Where can we buy SW heritage and how much for a sealed box? Do you think it will have some long term value.....?
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Anyone opened any yet??
    Got 2 boxes ordered here..
    Opened one box. got a sketch card of crimson guard. says topps 1/1 on back but not sure if they all say that. cond of these cards are gem. centered perfect. not much to them other than the one sketch or auto per box. and the autos i think fall 1 in case or 1 in 3 cases. the foil cards fall 4 per box and there are 6 in the set. here is one that gave me a good laugh. guy has but it now at 1k!!

the autos are one per case or three cases??? OUCH, it looks like this will be a hard sell, except to hardcore
    collectors, I can't see these selling for more than 40 a pop. What do you have them for?

Thanks for sharing, nice pull on the 1/1

JS
    Joe i sold out. you should be able to find the 36 pack hobby at about 70$ which after i opened one is kina high. like you said 40$ would be more worth it. you might see these drop fast on the bay.

the 1/1 i got i dont think it is a 1/1 though im still trying to figure that out. i think they might all say that on the back. its not stamped 1/1 just in writing.

adding this for you guys also. auto's fall 1 in 578. james earl jones 1 802. carrie fisher 1 2963 mark hamill 1 6824.
    so no Harrison Ford? Thats actually not bad odds on the Jones. My local dealer here told me that this
    stuff was fairly limited to start off....heard anything like that?

I know topps had to pay a few of these guys good money to get graphs but this isn't worth the
    initial price, which I guess was the same as heritage baseball??? I wonder if Basilone is going to
    do any of this stuff?

Thanks again

Kevin
    so I was looking on ebay, and it appears that there are only 3 autographs in this product, Fisher, Jones and
    Hammel. The sketch cards are nice but all have certain rarities, I still couldn't tell if each is a 1/1 or not. There
    was one buy it now 3/108 which is roughly 36 a box..not bad, but base sets can be picked up for under
    10 bucks....the foils should be easy to pick up, I guess just the sketch cards would need to be chased, a
    master set with the three autos isn't out of the question. I really havn't see what the base set looks like.

This might be a box to open with the fam! LMK if anyone else busts a box

Kevin
  • I'm not impresed yet. There are some ok sketches, but nothing I would chase after. Much nicer could be found just looking around the bay. I think I will just wait till the JEJ auto comes down some then pick one of those up. Once some of the really nice sketches come up then we will see.
  • I think the Clone Wars boxes have more to offer. Those have come down on Ebay to a decent level, so the same thing could happen with Heritage boxes.
    2of the carrie fisher auto's went buy it now at 999.99$ wow! one luke out there at buy it now 2899.99$ unreal can pick up a mantle or ted williams for a lot cheaper than that. i just got some info that there was 14 sketch artist in this run. there will be a 2nd wave of boxes with 6 new foiled cards more auto's and 6 more sketch artist making 20 artist on the 2nd run. im guessing it will be series 2. ill keep you posted if i get odds on auto's for 2nd wave. i am also ordering more boxes if anybody interested pm me.
  • DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    If the autos go for that much, it may be because its new and hyped.

So, how much does each pack cost? A whole sealed box? A whole sealed case?
    I think one of you stated that a 36 ct box goes for $70, but Joe suggested it should be $40 considering the odds of the auto cards. I suspect the price will come down before it could move up, whether its an auto card or just buying unopened material. That's just my speculation. The DVD is coming out so there is some hype. There will be more hype when the movie comes out.

In my opinion, I think there is a sleeper for non-sports cards--the Superman franchise! Spiderman is already out, Batman is out again, but there has not been a new Superman movie since the Chritopher Reeve series from 1977-1987(?), where four movies were made. Sure, the advent of Smallville made things popular but that is not the same as a Superman movie which is due to come out in 2005 or 2006 if and when WB can stop hiring and firing directors, messing with the script too much, and finally cast an actor appropriate for the role since Tom Welling already said he does not want part of it. I remember collecting those old Christopher Reeve Topps cards back in the day--too bad I was too young to keep them in pristine condition plus having a mother that threw them out one day (we all have that story).
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Some nicer sketches are starting to show up on the bay.
  • If the sketch cards are like they are in other sets, they'll all be 1/1 effectively, since the card is actually a piece of original art. There might be similar ones, but no two identical.

Don't underestimate the autographs. For the sets with big, loyal followings, there can be some surprising prices paid. Look at Lord of the Rings and Alias. Common autos go for $10-20, but the big stars go for $100 +/-, and the rarest ones go for a couple hundred. The SP'd, retail only LOTR autographs sell for $300-500, a Jennifer Garner auto from Alias goes for around the same (and her latex dress card is about $30, grrr). Only having 3 sigs is a bummer, but the rarity will keep prices high for some time. I was expecting to have a dozen or more, like LOTR.
    WANTED:
    2005 Origins Old Judge Brown #/20 and Black 1/1s, 2000 Ultimate Victory Gold #/25
    2004 UD Legends Bake McBride autos & parallels, and 1974 Topps #601 PSA 9
    Rare Grady Sizemore parallels, printing plates, autographs

Nothing on ebay