Home Sports Talk

Seahawks

Shutout the 49'ers and end their streak of consecutive games scored in at 420.

Comments

• Two tough road wins followed by a home blowout. The Seahawks are for real. I picked them to win the NFC West. They are arguably the best team in football.

Brian

• VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    Their division stinks this year so far as well. I hope that this is finally the year they make it to the Super Bowl. I've been a suffering fan since Day 1 with Jim Zorn, Steve Largent and the boys.
  • AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    Seattle has been waiting a long, long time for a team that finishes strong. Last year their knock was they couldn't win on the road...and they've already done that twice.

If they can beat the injury bug, they should be in it for the long haul. Great coach, strong skill position folks, balance.

Good luck to you...while we look forward to next season and who we should draft hehe
    The funny thing is that Holmgren, defensive coordinator Ray Rhodes, line coach Dwaine Board and linebackers coach John Marshall all used to work for the 49'ers.
  • They do look good. Hasselback has proven me wrong, I use to bash him every chance I got. Kudos to him...
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• With no injuries, playoffs are almost a given - but you just never know.
  • xbaggypantsxbaggypants Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭
    I've got $100 ofn the to win the super bowl at 8-1 odds... also have the Raiders

Ryan
    Oh my gosh, that was horrible! Ray Rhodes should be slapped for his ultra-conservative defensive play calling in the last 6 minutes. And what the heck were the Seahawks doing passing on first down with 2:30 left in the game and St. Louis out of time outs? I am left scratching my head at this loss. The blame lies at the feet of Mike Holmgren.
  • Just like the Vikes game except the outcome. Ill trade you Ted Cotrell for fray Rhodes though!
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    Woo hoo! It's usually the Rams losing due to inexplicable playcalling.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    choke!! What are they going to do when they have to play a road playoff game? Pretenders! Rams own you!

JS
    I don't do smack. Sorry, but it's just a football team.
    no, its just a PRETEND football team...please make note in your program

Thanks
    JS
  • I heard the Bucs won a game. Is that true?
    phreak.....stay out of the football talk pal, it is only for guys with balls who come back their team from
    day 1.

Thanks
    Managment
  • So you're saying that because I don't post 25 times a day about how crap everyone else's team is, despite how crap my own team is, I'm not allowed to post at all?

I've lived in the Pacific Northwest my whole life, and I've been following the Seahawks since the days of Warner and Largent. Just because I don't have huge Internet balls* like you, doesn't mean I'm not a fan, nor does it mean I'm not allowed to post. Get off your high horse. My team is 3-1 and going to the playoffs. Yours beat New Orleans by a field goal.

Enjoy your Stanley Cup (remember, that's the championship you bragged about AFTER the Lightning won it). That's all you'll be winning anytime soon, bandwagon jumper.

*Internet balls - the propensity to talk out your a$$ in Internet forums or chat rooms due the ability to avoid eye contact with anyone in the real world
    Man, we suck. image
  • I picked them today to win and they let me down...again...

I didn't watch the game, but I looked at the play-by-play to see how exactly they lost to the lowly Cards. What I didn't get is why did the Cards score that late TD? Once they had the first down, around the Seattle 13 yd line, the game was over since they could kneel the time away as Seattle had no timeouts. Scoring the TD gave Seattle a chance to tie, which played right into their hand. That made absolutely no freaking sense on Arizona's behalf.

Brian

• << <i>Man, we suck. image >>

Yup. image

That was a pathetic display. Hasselbeck was off, and yet again too many of that passes that actually hit their targets were dropped. Someone needs to introduce Robinson and Jackson to contact cement.
  • PUT IN TRENT!!!
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    It's not hasselback's fault (well, not all of it)...those receivers just drop waaaay too many passes...even rice bounced one off his hands.

• << <i>It's not hasselback's fault (well, not all of it)...those receivers just drop waaaay too many passes...even rice bounced one off his hands. >>

He was 14 for 41 with 4 interceptions. Yes, they dropped some passes, but not that many.
  • Well they set a record - first team in NFL history to get beat in the playoffs by a team with a non-winning record.

Brian
  • yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Man, we suck. image >>

yup.

woo!
    imageimageimageimageimageimage