Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Sellers ending auctions early?

How do you all feel about this?

Ebay Listing

I had a snipe ready to fire and everything, and came back to find why it didn't fire. I had emailed this guy several days ago, asking if it was the card pictured, and never heard back.

Comments

• jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    I'm more turned off by all the multi-colored text, and the claim that 1983 Donruss Boggs is "super scarce."

As for ending auctions early, people will do it as long as eBay allows them to. You just swallow your disappointment and keep shopping. You mentioned you were ready to snipe... Many eBayers find that practice more offensive than ending auctions early. (Not me, I'm a confirmed sniper)
  • Its probably because he made an error in the title of the auction and named it a "1987 Donruss...." instead of an '83.... just a thought.

Don't get me wrong, I hate people who end auctions early because the bid isn't what the want, but likewise, maybe he made an honest mistake in the title and thats why it wasn't bid up to what he was looking for.
  • I agree; this one looks like an honest mistake.
    He probably thought no one was bidding because he
    says it's an 87 in his description and shows an 83 pic.
    Isn't $5 - $8 the going rate for the PSA 9 83 anyways?
  • It's a provision of Ebay that you can end an auction early as a seller. I have no issue with someone doing so because they are happy with a buyer's bid (too bad for snipers). I find it distasteful when auctions are obviously ended early because bidding is not where they hoped it would be. Regards.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • This guy has been listing 1983's as 1987 for weeks. He sold an PSA 10, 2 weeks ago listed as 1987. Shop around PSA 10's are selling cheap 50.00 or so. I didnt think they would ever sell for less then 75.00.

James
    x