Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Think I made a good deal - update with new coin!

A few days ago I BINned this coin:

Australia $10 1999 "The Past"

... quite a beautiful coin and also quite a good buy at catalog value. This coin was fairly cheap because the seller was from the US and was willing to sell it at the international catalog value. But in Australia this coin is one of the hottest issues in recent years and when sold by and Australian to an Australian the price is usually in excess of 200 US-dollars image This is the first time since the coin was issued that I have seen one offered at such a low price.

It is the first coin in the Australian Millennium-series. There are three coins: The Past, The Present (2000) and The Future (2001). They are all bimetal (copper ring, centre is gilt silver) and have a tree as the common theme. On the first coin the tree is very young as can be seen in the auction picture. On the second coin it has grown to nearly full size and on the third it has grown old and strong. The tree is a symbol of the Australian nation.

I consider this series one of the most beautiful ever issued in Australia. By now I have two of the coins. When the opportunity is there I will go for number three.

This is the coin that I already have: 2001 The Future.

Marcel
Ebay user name: 00MadMuffin00

Comments