Home Sports Talk
Options

chickensh*t dodgers

Walked Bonds 5 out of 5 times today.

I don't know how people can say that Bonds over the last 5 years is not the most fearsome hitter ever.
Ole Doctor Buck of the Popes of Hell

Comments

• Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    Chicken, or smart? Walking Bonds means he gets no HR, and your odds that someone elese on that team is going to beat you is pretty slim.

Bonds gets to wear his body armor, and crowd the plate, effectively eliminating the inside (and most effect) part of the plate for pitchers.

Giant's team ownership won't go out and spend money to put a lineup around him to make him more effective, to eliminate the walking strategy. If you want to blame anyone for this, blame the ownership of the Giants for caring more about making money than protecting Bonds.

• Options
    I saw a game once where Bonds came to bat with bases loaded and they walked him. Opposing teams would rather give a run then pitch to this guy, he is without a doubt the most feared hitter in baseball today.

• Options
    Stats show that walking any player, even Babe Ruth, with no one on base makes absolutely no sense at all. "Chicken$hit" is pretty accurate.
  • Options

<< <i>"Chicken$hit" is pretty accurate. >>

yep.. 5 walks in 5 ab is chicken$hit..