Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

If you think you have a lot to do tomorrow...

Good lord.

Auctions ending Sunday.

2803 auctions? Is that a record?

I hope he has some help.

Comments

• kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    wow he making money! no bs think about it include th shipping
  • SDavidSDavid Posts: 1,584 ✭✭
    He does very well and I'm happy for him.

Still, that's a lot of fees. Most of his customers will buy several cards at once, so he doesn't make as much off shipping as you'd think.

If I were him, I'd set up my own web site like a few board members have and just use ebay for marketing and to move some product when necessary. I wouldn't use ebay exclusively. He probably already has as large a following as any other raw dealer that sells off ebay. Make no mistake, his customers are buying from him, not ebay. If any of us listed those same cards on ebay, they'd go for a lot less on average.

• I buy from Codyp all the time...You are right he does have a following! I bid on cards and win or lose, I see the same bidders all the time trying to win the same stuff I go after.

What I like about him is (Raw cards)....I for one can't understand the love of graded cards, unless it is a superstar. I can't pay $10.00 for a common that is worth $1.50 because someone has it in a plastic case.

About the shipping fees, I do try to win more than 1 at a time from him to cut down on shipping fees.

Shipping fees to me are the biggest factor when I bid....anything more than $2.50 per card to me is a rip off. And I love the sellers who list a discount for multi wins and tell you to add $.50 or $1.00 for every card after the first....what a joke, like the top loader cost .50 each or 1.00 each and that 1 card adds so much to the weight of a package.

So for those reason, I will continue to use CODYP and Waverly82. Those are 2 of the best on ebay, Fare prices and fare shipping, what a concept!

Take care,
    Mark
  • See that is one thing I cannot understand is I offer a better shipping deal than that seller usually 1.50 to 2.00 shipping no matter how many items you buy, but yet times I cannot get a bid on anything.

Another thing I cannot understand about shipping is who really gets the better deal. I bought a 15.00 card the other day for 4.99 on Ebay. It was .99 and 4.00 S/H. The same card averages 7 to 12 dollars on Ebay plus 1 to 3.00 shipping. The card was shipped no different than any other seller and was in better condition than others that bring more. It was simply because the shipping fee was higher many refused to bid, but who really got the better deal?? I personally would rather see the fees taken out of Ebay's hands as much as possible.
  • Funlover, what do you sell?

If you sell anything I need then I'll jump all over that shipping price!!!!

I'm working on upgrading my 1976 Topps baseball set!
    and finishing my 1958 Topps baseball set!

any of those let me know!

Mark
    ebay (bbcards4me)
  • Wow, that is a lot of work for such small dollars items (many closed under $1). I cant imagine how long it took to prepare and post all of those auctions.
  • carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭
    I bid on cards and win or lose, I see the same bidders all the time trying to win the same stuff I go after.

Isn't this what got another dealer accused of shilling???

Loves me some shiny!