Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Kyle Carpenter

Kyle was the boy with lupus that many members of the forum donated money or Jeter memoribilia for. He passed away last night. RobE is having troubles accessing CU and asked that this be passed on. I'm sure Rob will be on at some point.

Dave
Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
All Yaz Items 7+
Various Red Sox
Did I leave anything out?

Comments

• kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    my appologies go out to the family. that flat out sucks to hear!

• << <i>Kyle was the boy with lupus that many members of the forum donated money or Jeter memoribilia for. He passed away last night. RobE is having troubles accessing CU and asked that this be passed on. I'm sure Rob will be on at some point.

Dave >>

Wow, thats too bad. I hate hearing that. I hope the boy enjoyed as much time as possible.
  • SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damnimage

But he is pain-free and in a far better place now

Rest in Peace Kyle

My best wishes and prayers go out to Kyle's family and friends

Steve
  • As a parent who has lost a child, my heart goes out to his parents.

Rob..please pass along my condolences.

Skip
    I'll take the cards & flowers when I'm living and the BS when I'm dead!

ANGEL OF HOPE

Skip
    TUSTIN CA
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanx to you Dave for the update
    As I said on another post - I'm saying a special prayer this evening.
    your friend
    Mike
    Mike
  • My condolences too. That is sad image
  • qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    Tragic!!!
    Anyone who has a kid, give them a hug. Life is too damn short...jay
  • gemintgemint Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very sad to hear that. I thought he was getting better, so it was a shock to read this.
  • RobERobE Posts: 1,160 ✭✭
    yeah I was on a friends computer but it wouldn't let me get to the CU forums or PSA's website was down.I dunno.Thanks for posting this thread,David.

Folks,I'm terribly sorry to have to share the news.However,so many here were such a positive force in Kyle and his famliy's life with the letters,cards and nice things you've done,I felt you had to know.

Right now,I don't know if it is best but probably think it's best to just leave the family alone since this just happened Friday night and I don't want to bother the Carpenter family at this time.Possibly down the road a couple weeks if anybody is looking to do anything it probably would be best to wait.I think the family has too full of a plate right now and all I can do is add to the chaos probably going on.

I know that all the things you've done were well received and Kyle was enjoying the memorabilia and having your letters read to him.Part of his rehab assignment was to learn how to write again by writing back to everyone and say thanks.

Unfortunately,the good Lord felt Kyle had a different mission he needed him for,and like you said Vic,he is no longer sufferning.

My personal thanks to all who were a positive force in the remainder of Kyle's live.You all are just as responsible as I am in helping him enjoy it.You made the kid smile and he loved everything you've written and sent to him.

Thanks!
    Rob
  • I'm really sorry to hear of Kyle's death. It's so tragic to have young ones die and such a traumatic experience for their family. It's a reminder for us to love ours every day while we have them.

Rob, I'll be keeping his family in my prayers. I know it's a rough time for them, but it probably won't hurt to tell them that many people here are praying for them. It's good to know that in their all-too-short life, they touched the lives of so many others.
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image
  • AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    I can't think of anything more sad than the loss of a child, my thoughts and prayers will be with the family as they attempt to come to terms with this.
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • My deepest condolences.
  • I have 2 young boys also. I can't even imagine how I would handle it. I am quite sure I would never recover to be honest. They mean everything to me. It's tragic news, and I wish his family the best. They will be in my prayers also.

TheRoach

7 MVP awards, the single season HR record, career walks record, single season walks record, 700HR/500SB, and two batting titles near 40 years old. How can one argue that those aren't stats of the greatest to ever play the game??? All this and there is still more to come!!!! Bonds:2005 NL MVP. Or are you going to doubt him again?