Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

New Rainbow for Rainbowroosie???

Could this be another rainbowroosie dime for the "some day", Great Rosy Challenge ?????

Craig
If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!

Comments

• Options
    Let me guess: 1963-D NGC MS67*?
    "Wars are really ugly! They're dirty
    and they're cold.
    I don't want nobody to shoot me in the foxhole."
    Mary

Best Franklin Website
  • Options
    ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭
    Ok Greg....was it your coin or were you also bidding??? image
    Craig
  • Options
    labloverlablover Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool Roosie!!! Would this one be considered a Rainbow as well?

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options
    rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭
    Craig,
    Got a better one...find me a 61P!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......I'll even buy dinner....image
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • Options
    Twas mine. I could not get the colors to render well on my crap/scanner so I thought I would let auctioneer try. They didn't do the coin's beauty any

justice either. Looks like your image is the best of the 3 Craigimage

I recall that this is one of the first coins to get the star designation when NGC began using the "*". It's a real looker for sure!
    "Wars are really ugly! They're dirty
    and they're cold.
    I don't want nobody to shoot me in the foxhole."
    Mary

Best Franklin Website
  • Options
    Quite the looker......if it was lighter toned in the obverse center, it would be a monster.

LabLover, cooltoned obverse - and love that 58D from coingame2000 too! Some sweet lookers!
    Craig
  • Options

<< <i>LabLover, cooltoned obverse - and love that 58D from coingame2000 too! Some sweet lookers! >>

Thank's Craigimage

For those that missed the 58-D on the Open Forum...

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭
    Jim, That is the nicest 58D I have seen, and I've seen both the MS68FB's and yours
    blows them away.

Great Coin
    Nick
  • Options

<< <i>Jim, That is the nicest 58D I have seen, and I've seen both the MS68FB's and yours >>

<< <i>blows them away. >>

Nick,
    That's quite the compliment coming from you, thanks.
    Jim
  • Options
    mdwoodsmdwoods Posts: 5,526 ✭✭✭
    Nice dimes folks. Thanks for sharing.
    National Register Of Big Trees

We'll use our hands and hearts and if we must we'll use our heads.
  • Options
    Actually, I had a nicer 58D than LabLovers.......and I will admit it came from Coingame2000 and was the sister to LabLover's coin. While Lablovers coins is monster reverse toned, mine was obverse toned in the same way. Without doubt, perhaps the nicest coins out of a mint set.
    Craig
  • Options
    Craig,
    send it to me!!!!image
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
  • Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭
    Bill, It looks like Craig has been holding out on you. Maybe he sold that 58D to ME...image

Nick
  • Options
    This one?????

Craig
  • Options
    So, either one of you, send it to me!!!
  • Options
    Maybe This One Too?

• Options

<< <i>This one????? >>

Craig,
    That's a beautiful 58-D! Quite a looker and leaves ones heart pounding.image
    Jim
  • Options
    lablover, you should know as yours is the sister.....just imagine the reverse on your coin as the obverse and you'd be there. I recall looking at both coins myself side-by-side.......that same mint set alsoproducted some pretty spectacular Halves as I also recall ( I bought the 58D MS66FB).

Killer 52 by the way......you have some really REALLY nice rainbows!
    Craig
  • Options

<< <i>Killer 52 by the way......you have some really REALLY nice rainbows! >>

Craig,

Thanks. Some of those really nice rainbows came from you...like the NGC 58-D MS67 shown above. As well as a number of coins in my meager Registry Set.
    I bet those Franklin's are killers too. Maybe if Mike still has one he'll post an image. You guy's helped hook me on these little wonders.

Jim
  • Options
    All,
    A "few" killer rainbow roosies are out of place in anyone's set...you can solve the problem of inconsistent rainbows by disposing of them....Send them to me.....I'll be glad to bail you out at a fair price...I'll even find you a beautiful nice brilliant coin to fill the ugly slot in your collection!image