Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

London

I'm going to London the end of Oct.Theres a coin show there on the 6th, that I thought I check out.Any suggestions on any modern coins I should take with me? I'm taking a roll of the state quarters, a school teacher friend of mine want them for her students, but any thing else, to take to the show?

Comments

• Options
    Welcome aboard. The Dix Noonan Auction is the next day.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    but any thing else, to take to the show?

Darkside attitude. image

It's the Coinex show, one of the biggest in Europe. Have fun. image
    Dimitri

DPOTD-1
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Welcome, Booth!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    newsmannewsman Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭
    Welcome, Booth! If you're coming from the States, be prepared for some sticker shock on the coins. I visited a few coin shops during a trip to London last month and was really amazed at how much more expensive the British and other world coins were.

Maybe you should buy a few British coins on eBay to sell there. imageimageimage
  • Options
    I was in London last year, but didn't get a chance to check out the coin shops. Too busy with the tourist things.But I know what you mean about the prices, I rally felt like I was a Canadian. Our money sure isn't worth zip there.But its a great place to check out.You can really get coultural overload.
  • Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭
    London??

Great place to visit, especially if someone else is paying. image
  • Options
    Welcome, Booth!! Glad to have you aboard! image What do you collect for yourself?
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image
  • Options
    Sorry it took so long to answer, but been a little busy.
    I collect AE proofs, and $5 gold comm. But on the DarkSide I just collect coins that just happen to catch my eye.I like English coins the best,But if I see something that just stands out and says "buy me", thats it, its mine.
  • Options
    Welcome Booth,
    You will find the coins shops are expensive , every Saturday there is a Coin,Stamp and Postcard Market near Charing Cross ( Tel UK 01 483 281 771 ) where good buys can be made.
    I try to visit when in the UK.
    Tony Harmer
    Web: www.tonyharmer.org