Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways
Options

[Poll] Interest in a $100-$150 Coin Trade?

While I know that I'm one of the new guys around here, I know that myself, while I have many boxes of older lower values coins (Which I absolutely love and cherish), the majority of my collection consists of coins valued in the $100-$150 range that have something that sets them apart from other US Coinage to me (For myself, it's slabbed classic commemeratives and non-slabbed Capped Bust Halves) for one reason or another. I just wanted to get everyone's honest opinion on what their thoughts were on doing a higher value coin swap.

Cheers,

Comments

• Options
    phutphut Posts: 1,087
    There are a few here I would gladly do a $150 swap with (or more). I wouldn't risk it on a lottery type of swap though.
  • Options
    ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    I have done swaps involving much more than $150, but I agree with phut, not in a lottery type of swap.
    I would have to know who I was swapping with & what it was we were swapping.
    Getting PR69DCAM moderns (post '90) at their unrealistic FMV in a trade would piss me off!image
  • Options
    BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    Thigpen, I would swap coins of this magnitude with you or aija or phut, most anyone except a newbie I had never heard of who would get then split. and not send! We would agree to terms beforehand so that there would be no misunderstandings.

#1- It would HAVE to be based on a mutually acceptable basis with return options should it just not work out.

#2- An agreed upon price guide would have to be in place...not Trends or even PCGS' price guide but, REAL WORLD prices.

#3- PREFERABLY A CERTIFIED COIN TRADE by a reputable TPG Service.