Home Sports Talk
Options

Ruining a legacy, one comeback at a time...

Comments

• Options
    aro13aro13 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭
    Interesting read, but I am wondering why none of the major US websites chose to publish that information.
  • Options
    GeomanGeoman Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    Dan Patrick show yesterday, he spoke about it...talk to Charles Barkley who basically said that MJ would be showing it's about 'ego' if he attempted a comeback (again).

• Options
    I have heard nothing about this...funny. Well, actually I did hear some news about MJ the other day, but I thought it had to do with him just being involved with the Bulls. Don't know what kind of involvement they were talking about, but maybe something along the lines of helping to develop some of the younger players. Please, MJ, not again... don't come back.
    just another shot in the dark, but....
  • Options
    AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭
    If anyone would like to cut/paste the the "follow up" Miami Herald article, I would be curious to see what it says.

Or maybe someone could give a quick synopsis.
    I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Here you go -

Jordan not coming back

BY ISRAEL GUTIERREZ

igutierrez@herald.com

Michael Jordan told ESPN on Thursday he was not coming back, and a spokeswoman confirmed that rumors of a possible Jordan comeback were unfounded and the NBA legend has no plans to return to the NBA with the Miami Heat or any other team.

Heat president Pat Riley, who has been forced to comment on the situation because of persistent rumors that have circulated since the Heat acquired Shaquille O'Neal, said Thursday that he and Jordan have had no contact.

Last week, O'Neal did ask teammates whether they wanted Jordan to be added to the team -- an idea O'Neal was not in favor of.

Jordan attempted to contact O'Neal in August, but that was in regard to a basketball camp Jordan was running and had nothing to do with a potential comeback with the Heat, Jordan's spokeswoman, Estee Portnoy, said.

As for the idea that Jordan has been playing basketball and trying to get in shape for a possible comeback, Portnoy said Jordan played in a pickup game earlier this month but hasn't played since, and his playing basketball in the future should not signal a possible return.

• Options
    AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭
    Thank you ct!
    I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.
  • Options
    MJ has always denied anything in the media about his previous come backs, so I don't think the denial itself shuts the door.

IMO though, he needs to let it go and move on. I'm not surprised Shaq took some pre-emptive measures on his own. MJ is a control freak... but past his ability to effectively influence on the court or the locker room. He cannot be a role player, he is compelled to impose himself on everyone around him.

I would much rather enjoy, and love to see Barkley dragging his butt on the court as a role player for the Heat. He has the ability to put it in perspective. Jordan does not.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...