Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Minimum size allowed by PSA for hand-cut cards

I called PSA and one of the girls who answered said that they will grade hand-cut cards as long as the card is sized within 1/8" of the borders of the card, larger or smaller. I'm finding this difficult to believe and was hoping someone here has dealt with this before. I have several Post cards where the borders have been all but cut off, most of the cards do measure 2 1/2 x 3 1/2, short in both directions by a touch less than 1/8"... is PSA actually going to grade these if I send them in, or will they reject them for grading and just holder as authentic, which is what the girl said they would do if the cards were over or under sized by more than 1/8"?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks. -Josh

Comments

• Options
    jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    Handcut cards, they want as close as possible to the dotted lines without cutting into or inside the lines. If there are no dotted lines for a particular issue, they go by the "accepted" standard size for that card, whatever that may be. If there are no marked lines and no standard size, they will probably just slab it as "authentic."
  • Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    Will they also grade the cards from Twinkies packages?
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Will they also grade the cards from Twinkies packages? >>

Mike