Home Sports Talk
Options

Guess The Score....UM Vs UH

Ima say UH 7
UM 41

Coker trys not to run it up in there own house.
Real recognize REAL

Comments

• Options
    UM is favored by 29, which makes picking either UM-29 or UH+29 a tough call IMO. I think the total will be under 54.5 point however.

Brian

edit to add my pick - 37-13 UM
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    41-10 um not a pick of the betting pool!
  • Options

<< <i> my pick - 37-13 UM >>

Damn, I'm good. Final score UM 38 UH 13
  • Options
    Great pick, Corny. I should have you pick my games thios weekend. How about Clemson/FSU?
    Ole Doctor Buck of the Popes of Hell

• Options

<< <i>How about Clemson/FSU? >>

I've spent a good deal of time analysing that and the bottom line I'm still not sure enough to put $$ on it. Clemson played poorly last week while FSU played awesome; however, when these two teams play they put up a good game. I go to GaTech so I dislike both teams equally. It opened at FSU -19 and now it's FSU -17.5 so people have been going with Clemson. Last week people went against Clemson and won, but people went against FSU and lost (the FSU UAB spread went from -25 to -22 I think and FSU covered)

This info should help your decision it was posted by "Razor" on this website recommended by xbaggypants ProPowerPicks

Clemson @ (8) Florida State
    Florida State –17.5

Even the unveiling of a 9-foot-tall bronze statute of Bobby on Friday afternoon cannot make Bowden Bowl VI -- to be played Saturday afternoon in Tallahassee -- a completely joyous occasion. After all, someone has to lose.

Tommy Bowden’s team has lost its last two games; four of its next six are against nationally ranked teams, and he's hearing questions about the team's fitness to compete.

Last year, with his back to the wall, he beat his father for the first time and saved his job.

In some ways, it's almost as if the Clemson University Tigers have come full circle but Bowden isn't conceding anything.

"We've got a lot of football left," he said. "We've lost two games. It's not the end. I don't think it's time, you know, to slash your wrist yet."

There's no ignoring the obvious.

The Tigers play Saturday at Florida State, ranked as high as No. 8 in major national polls. Saturday's game will be the sixth "Bowden Bowl" with father Bobby holding a 4-1 edge over son Tommy. In FSU’s four “Bowden Bowl” victories, they have beaten Clemson by an avg. of 20.3 points.

Clemson teams have beaten FSU three times in 17 games. Last year, the Tigers snapped an 11-game losing streak to the Seminoles in 2003, but Clemson has not won in Tallahassee, Fla., since 1989. Florida State leads the overall series with Clemson by a 14-3 margin.

FSU went to Clemson last season with a national ranking of No. 3 but fell 26-10 to the Tigers in Death Valley. The game marked Clemson's first conference win over FSU since the Tribe joined the league in 1992.

FSU already has one Atlantic Coast Conference loss this season, and another loss would end the Seminoles' national-title and league-championship hopes.

Meanwhile, when FSU's offense struggles, fans heap more criticism on Seminoles offensive coordinator Jeff Bowden, the youngest of Bobby and Ann's six children.

The Tigers (1-2) lost a heartbreaker to Georgia Tech in the final seconds Sept. 11, then fell 27-6 at Texas A&M last Saturday. The critics who hounded Bowden last season have resurfaced.

Before last season's game against FSU, speculation was rampant that Tommy Bowden would be fired after the season. The Tigers were 5-4 at the time, and family members braced for the worst.

"I think he definitely would have lost it [his job] if I would have won," Bobby Bowden said.

"I think they already had everything in place."

But Clemson won convincingly and finished the season on a four-game winning streak, including a 63-17 pounding of archrival South Carolina and a Peach Bowl victory over Tennessee. Bowden was voted ACC Coach of the Year and given a contract extension with a large buyout clause that gives him security.

For that reason, Terry Bowden -- who will serve as an analyst for Saturday's game -- enters this Bowden Bowl game with less trepidation.

"Last year, I think Tommy would have been fired if he had lost. Therefore, it was terrible for me," Terry said. "He has a contract with a $3 million buyout, so that was put in there to protect him from a bad season. So, now, he may have a bad season, but he's focusing not on saving his job; he's focusing on getting his team winning. As a family member -- not as an analyst or as a fan -- I don't worry about him now. If he gets beat, he gets beat."

The criticism of Jeff Bowden recently has intensified because his offense struggled in FSU's season opener against Miami with senior Chris Rix at quarterback. Some feel it's unfair to judge Bowden because of Rix's obvious deficiencies, namely that he doesn't read defenses well and that his throwing mechanics vary from play to play.

Clemson offense struggles
    Clemson was expected to be explosive on offense behind Whitehurst but the QB has thrown seven interceptions to four touchdowns — already failing in his goal to cut last year’s 13 interceptions in half.

He leads the ACC in passing yards per game (251.7) but ranks last in completion percent (50.4), a significant drop from 61.9 percent in 2003.

Players and coaches say blame should be distributed to the entire offense, plus credit given to defensive schemes that have forced Clemson to make more intermediate throws. A lack of balance between the running and passing game, drops by wide receivers and protection breakdowns also have played a factor.
    Offensive coordinator Mike O’Cain said the ball wasn’t leaving Whitehurst’s hand correctly in the 27-6 loss to Texas A&M on Saturday.

“Really, he’s only forced one ball that he should not have thrown,” O’Cain said. “The rest were six inches high, six inches. Yes, it’s a point of emphasis. But you don’t want to scare him. We can’t be effective if Charlie’s out there afraid to throw the football.”

Bowden has noticed a difference in Whitehurst’s mechanics.

“He’s not relaxed, and I think he’s a very good thrower when he’s relaxed and just in his natural rhythm and his mechanics take place naturally,” Bowden said.

Whitehurst is bothered most by interceptions. He wanted to throw one every 70 passes this season, but instead the ratio is one to every 17. By choosing to keep tight ends and running backs in to protect — O’Cain said the tackles are not as good as last year — Clemson has lost outlet receivers. O’Cain said some of the passing game will be scaled back this week.

In general, opponents are mixing in zone blitzes from different spots against Whitehurst. The safeties stay in a two-deep zone unworried about the run, and the cornerbacks aggressively prevent out and hook patterns because they have deep help.
    That leaves crossing routes open, but those plays take longer to develop. On some occasions when the route is available, receivers have dropped throws or Whitehurst has missed them.

Even when receivers are open deep, defenders have decided it pays to commit a 15-yard pass interference penalty than allow a touchdown. Clemson opponents have been penalized seven times for interference, including two by Texas A&M on likely touchdowns.

The result is an increase in passing situations. Clemson’s average third-down distance last week was 9 yards, a disturbing statistic since the Tigers have converted 28.6 percent this season, down from 37.7 percent in 2003.

Last week
    Despite committing 15 penalties for 145 yards, Florida State defeated UAB 34-7 last Saturday night. Chris Rix played unspectacularly, but he limited his mistakes to one interception and withstood boos from a large segment of the announced crowd of 81,825 at Doak Campbell Stadium. The Seminoles compiled 251 rushing yards, 104 from Leon Washington and 71 from Lorenzo Booker. Now they face a Clemson team that allowed 324 yards to A&M on the ground.

The FSU defense recorded eight sacks, its highest single-game total since the 1998 season and held UAB to -24 yards rushing.

Senior defensive tackle Travis Johnson led the defense with six tackles, including 3.5 for loss. Johnson now ranks ninth all-time at FSU with 31 career stops behind the line of scrimmage.

Facing what could be the defining stretch of their season, the Clemson Tigers dropped the first of three straight road games Saturday night, losing 27-6 to Texas A&M before a crowd of 71,565 at Kyle Field.

The Aggies (2-1) choked off the Clemson offense with an array of blitzes, took full advantage early of three of the Tigers' four turnovers and showcased quarterback Reggie McNeal, who plays the game at a pace and style similar to former Tiger quarterback Woodrow Dantzler.

After stumbling again a week after a painful last-second loss to Georgia Tech, the Tigers (1-2) have won only half of their 26 road games Clemson was limited to 250 yards, and Charlie Whitehurst has thrown two or more interceptions in each of the Tigers' three games. A&M totaled more than 500 yards. The Aggies' 324 rushing yards were their most since 1997.

McNeal completed 14 of 26 passes for 178 yards and rushed for 129 on 17 carries. Tailback Courtney Lewis, who sat out last week's victory over Wyoming, rushed for 165 yards and two touchdowns on 28 carries. The Tigers missed a TON of tackles.
    The Tigers imploded as the Aggies built a 14-0 advantage following the first two interceptions and led 17-6 at the half.

Lewis scored both his touchdowns in the second quarter, capping successive drives of 69 and 71 yards.

Clemson responded with a 15-yard touchdown pass from Whitehurst to tight end Ben Hall, but Stephen Furr missed the extra-point kick and A&M held, 14-6, with 5:26 to play in the half.
    Aided by a long punt return, A&M got a 32-yard field goal by Todd Pegram with 2:13 to play.

Then, with Clemson driving, Jonte Buhl stripped Whitehurst at the Aggies' 31 and recovered the ball at the 41 with 1:55 to play.
    A 9-play, 99-yard Aggie touchdown drive in the second half cut deeply. Jason Carter scored from the 1 with 2:13 to play and A&M led 24-6. Pegram added a 36-yard field goal midway through the fourth quarter and for all intents and purposes, it was over.

Tough stretch for Clemson
    There is no doubting that the confidence of this Clemson football team has been shaken. To the core. To the foundation. To the point that it was a year ago when the Tigers were beaten and bruised by lowly Wake Forest.

Clemson rebounded a year ago from the most humiliating loss in the Tommy Bowden era to stun third-ranked Florida State and essentially secure a new contract for the coach at the same time.
    This time, after suffering through a heartbreaking loss to Georgia Tech and a sound beating by Texas A&M, could history repeat itself and send Clemson on another winning streak that produces a sixth consecutive bowl game appearance for Bowden’s teams? Could the Tigers again defy the odds-makers, who for a second consecutive season have made Florida State a 17-point favorite? Don’t count on it.

The circumstances are different this year. For one, the game will be played at Doak Campbell Stadium in Tallahassee, where Clemson has been outscored by an average score of 43-7 in the six games played there since Florida State joined the ACC.
    This Clemson team has far more problems and weaknesses than the Tigers of a year ago. It ranks last or tied for last in the ACC in six statistical categories, including the vital areas of rushing offense, rushing defense and turnover margin.

On top of that, it was said that this Clemson team lacks a take-charge leader on defense, causing the unit to lose its swagger of a year ago; must return in the fourth week of the season to learning the fundamentals of tackling; has a talented quarterback who internalizes the problems of the offense and as a result plays too tight; is working a freshman tackle into an offensive line that then will have only one starter who is a walk-on; has at least one running back who questions the play-calling by the coaching staff; and has a head coach who admits he did not account for how much the down-to-the-wire finishes of the first two games chiseled the mental edge off of his club against Texas A&M.

Bowden’s No. 1 priority is to restore his players’ level of confidence, which will allow them to perform at the higher level needed against Florida State and in the following game at No. 12 Virginia.

“I’m sure it is, but I don’t think that’s unnatural,” Bowden said when asked if the team’s confidence had been shaken. “Missouri’s was shaken when they lost to Troy, and Kansas State’s was shaken when they lost to Fresno State.

“Is their confidence shaken? Yes, but I think most people are when they experience a setback. It’s the ones who can overcome (it) on a consistent basis or continue to fight and don’t give up (who) eventually reach a pretty high level of success.”

Bowden prides himself in remaining on an even keel, regardless of a game’s outcome. He seldom changes a practice routine and says things aren’t likely to be altered this week because the Tigers are 1-2 and facing Florida State.

Where the changes might occur is within the team. Defensive tackle Eric Coleman said a meeting of his fellow seniors might occur this week along with, perhaps, a players-only meeting. More than that, he says his teammates better be prepared to work when they reach the practice field. No more joking around.
    “Last week was a reality check,” he said. “We just thoroughly got beat pretty much ... We’re just not playing to our capabilities. (But) we can’t panic. If you continue to look back on those games, it’s going to affect the next game.”

FSU D
    Though he insists the Seminoles have room to improve, FSU defensive coordinator Mickey Andrews continues to be impressed with his defense. Without revealing specifics, Andrews said the defense produced more "big plays" -- an amalgam of sacks, tackles for loss and quarterback pressures, among others -- against UAB than it did against Miami in the season opener. FSU's big-play count against the 'Canes was 44, the highest total in Andrews' 21 years at the school. Andrews added that FSU missed fewer than 10 tackles against UAB.

Merriweather may start
    Based on his performance in the Texas A&M game, Reggie Merriweather would seem to have the advantage as Clemson coaches weigh their options at starting tailback.
    Merriweather, a sophomore, rushed for 53 yards on eight carries against the Aggies and averages 8.9 yards per carry through three games.

But coach Tommy Bowden said that with last year's starter, Duane Coleman, back from a preseason foot injury, he's going to "do some more thinking" before the Tigers settle on a plan for working four tailbacks into the mix.

Senior Yusef Kelly started the first two games, and junior Kyle Browning started last Saturday. Kelly started Clemson’s first two games, but was suspended against Texas A&M because he broke curfew to buy diapers for his son, or so he says.

Kelly said he broke team rules on Sept. 9, two days before the Georgia Tech game, by being spotted in a store 30 minutes past the team’s 11 p.m. curfew. Bowden, who announced the one-game suspension before the Texas A&M game Saturday, had said he spent all week debating what punishment to give.
    Kelly said he was not disappointed about missing the game, because he could celebrate his son’s 1-year-old birthday over the weekend.

“I care about the team, but things happen for a reason,” Kelly said. “We went to Chuck E. Cheese on Saturday.”

Shuffling line. Roman Fry will start in place of Nathan Bennett at right guard, Bowden said. Bennett played 46 snaps against Texas A&M compared to 24 for Fry, who began fall camp as the starting left tackle.

“With that kind of movement going on, it’s hard to jell,” Bowden said. “I think it’s a necessity right now because we’re trying to find the best ones, and the only way to find the best ones is to put them out there.”

Bowden indicated he is developing the line for the future and made a bold statement.

“You’re going to see a whole different breed of cattle on our offensive line the next three or four years,” he said. “It will be completely different. We’ll start looking like Texas A&M, Florida State, Miami — some of those people — on the line.”

Other Clemson moves

Lovett said left defensive end Charles Bennett likely will start again after losing his position last week to Gaines Adams. Bobby Williamson returns to left defensive end from right, and Adams goes to right with Moe Fountain. ... “Whip” linebackers Tramaine Billie and Eric Sampson will continue to see about the same playing time, Lovett said. Billie played 14 more snaps last week than Sampson, who has the most career plays on Clemson’s defense.

Column on the state of Clemson

If the surest of a team’s character is how it recovers from a devastating loss, we might have gotten a look inside the soul of the Clemson football team Saturday night at Kyle Field.
    It was not a pretty sight.

The Tigers never recovered from a disastrous first half and looked equally flat in a listless second half. The result was a 27-6 loss that was bad enough on its own. Coming on the heels of a four-point loss to Georgia Tech in which the Tigers lost a pair of 10-point leads in the fourth quarter, Saturday’s setback could very well be the stake driven through the heart of this Clemson team.

Understand, this loss was to a Texas A&M team in the second year of coach Dennis Franchione, whose club was 4-8 a year ago and is expected to finish in the middle of the Big 12 Conference this go round. Its most notable characteristic before Saturday was a defense that could not contend with speedy teams that spread their offenses and threw the ball around the field.

A year ago, Texas A&M surrendered 59 points to Texas Tech and 77 to Oklahoma, a pair of teams with the very characteristics the Aggies did not like to see. When Utah, another team built around speed, rang up 41 points on the Aggies in the season-opener, it looked as if Clemson would have a field day behind quarterback Charlie Whitehurst.

Instead, Whitehurst and the Tigers offense spurted, sputtered and generally lacked spunk. Whitehurst made poor decisions and poor throws and was picked off three times. Not all blame fell on Whitehurst’s shoulders, though. Two interceptions slipped through the fingers of Clemson receivers, and Whitehurst’s offensive line seldom gave him a chance to set up and throw.

Defensively, Texas A&M runners must have seemed like greased pigs to Clemson defenders. The Aggies took advantage of numerous missed tackles, and then there was the second quarter, 29-yard sprint for a touchdown by Texas A&M running back Courtney Lewis who never had so much as a hand touch him.

All of which was quite disconcerting to a Clemson team that previously had prided itself on recovering well from close losses under coach Tommy Bowden.

“That is a challenge because there are some teams that go the other way,” Bowden said earlier in the week of the loss to Georgia Tech. “Sometimes you can have the reputation of you can’t win the big one, you can’t win the close game, you always lose overtime games, you always lose bowl games. Usually you are stuck with a tag.”

Frankly, Bowden has been stuck with nearly every one of those tags in his six years at Clemson, but managed to shed all of those during the past two seasons. By virtue of his team going 9-1 the week after having lost a game by a touchdown or less, Bowden also had earned the tag of being able to motivate his team under the most difficult of circumstances.

That was never more obvious than a season ago when Wake Forest thumped Clemson 45-17, dropped the Tigers to 5-4 and left Bowden’s job hanging in the balance during the final three weeks of the regular season. Clemson, of course, turned around and defeated Florida State to spark an end-of-the-season run that earned Bowden a new contract.

Coming off the loss to Georgia Tech last week, Bowden believed — maybe hoped? — his team would react as it did a season ago following the setback at Wake Forest.

“I just don’t know,” Bowden said when asked afterward if there was a carryover from last week to Saturday. “You don’t know from a mental standpoint how much a loss like last week’s does. I didn’t know how this team would respond, but that looks like a possible connection. I don’t want to blame it on last week’s performance. But again, mentally, I don’t know how much of an effect (it had).”

Bowden said perhaps his players would have a better idea on that subject.

Whitehurst dismissed the suggestion. He said Clemson’s poor performance had much more to do with lack of execution and an inability to seize momentum from Texas A&M. Others suggested that perhaps there was some effect.

Receiver Chansi Stuckey said: “Coming down here I thought we were going to play harder or play a little bit better, but things didn’t really go the way we planned.”

Tight end Ben Hall added: “Last week’s loss really got the team down and really got our attitudes better as far as practice. I was hoping that this game we could come out and take the aggression from losing and come down here and put everything together.”

It never happened.

That leaves Clemson followers to wonder if, indeed, the effects of the Georgia Tech loss were greater than they could have imagined or realized. Those effects might continue to linger and could prove lasting, particularly given the schedule Clemson faces.
    With a 1-2 record, Clemson next goes to Florida State and Virginia. Then there are remaining games against Maryland, N.C. State, at Miami and versus South Carolina. Bowden’s ability to reverse a team’s fortunes has been tested before, but perhaps never like it will be this season.

“You dwell on one loss and you’re going to take one loss and turn it into two (again),” said offensive guard Roman Fry. “We can’t let that happen. The character of a team is how you bounce back from a loss like this. We’ll find out what the character of this team is.”

No doubt, the Tigers will do much soul searching this coming week. Of course, they might have to find a soul first. There was not one to be found Saturday at Kyle Field.

Report this post to a moderator |

09-23-2004 03:01 AM

cantpickmynose
    Administrator

CLEMSON (1 - 2) at FLORIDA ST (1 - 1)
    Week 4 Saturday, 9/25/2004 3:30 PM
    Board Open Latest
    337 CLEMSON 48 49
    338 FLORIDA ST -19 -17.5

CLEMSON - Local News Coverage
    FLORIDA ST - Local News Coverage
    Doak Campbell Stadium - Weather

Starters and Lettermen returning for the 2004 season:
    Team Coach Offensive Defensive Lettermen
    CLEMSON Tommy Bowden 8 7 57

Team Coach Offensive Defensive Lettermen
    FLORIDA ST Bobby Bowden 9 4 53

Power Rating Line
    The power rating system is based on recent game results. The section should be used to compare the relative strength of the two teams involved. A power line is calculated using both teams ratings and home field advantage. Where the power line differs significantly from the current line, the team with the edge is indicated.
    Power Rating
    Estimate Edge
    CLEMSON
    FLORIDA ST -15

Team Trends and Angles
    All team trends listed below apply to the current game.

CLEMSON - Recent ATS Trends
    Against the spread Over/Under Straight Up
    Current Last 3 Since 1992 Current Last 3 Since 1992 Current Last 3 Since 1992
    Description W-L W-L W-L O-U O-U O-U W-L W-L W-L
    after 2 or more consecutive straight up losses 0-0 1-0 9-6 0-0 1-0 2-3 0-0 1-0 12-6
    against conference opponents 0-2 8-10 50-47 2-0 6-8 19-19 1-1 10-8 54-44
    as a road underdog of 14.5 to 21 points 0-0 0-0 2-1 0-0 0-0 1-0 0-0 0-0 1-2
    as a road underdog of 17.5 to 21 points 0-0 0-0 0-1 0-0 0-0 1-0 0-0 0-0 0-1
    as an underdog 0-0 7-6 32-22 0-0 3-8 11-18 0-0 5-8 17-39
    as an underdog of 10.5 to 21 points 0-0 1-1 8-5 0-0 1-1 5-4 0-0 1-1 4-9
    in a road game where the total is between 42.5 and 49 0-0 1-0 2-2 0-0 1-0 3-1 0-0 1-0 2-2
    in a road game where the total is between 45.5 and 49 0-0 1-0 1-1 0-0 1-0 2-0 0-0 1-0 1-1
    in all games 0-3 14-14 64-67 2-1 10-12 29-32 1-2 17-12 83-63
    in all lined games 0-3 14-14 64-67 2-1 10-12 29-32 1-2 16-12 71-63
    in games played on a grass field 0-3 13-14 58-64 2-1 10-11 28-26 1-2 16-12 78-58
    in road games 0-1 5-6 29-29 0-1 4-5 15-12 0-1 4-7 28-31
    in road lined games 0-1 5-6 29-29 0-1 4-5 15-12 0-1 4-7 28-31
    in September games 0-3 4-4 16-19 2-1 2-3 9-7 1-2 7-2 28-18
    when playing on a Saturday 0-3 12-11 60-59 2-1 8-9 26-22 1-2 16-8 80-53
    when playing with 6 or less days rest 0-2 12-6 52-47 1-1 5-8 19-16 0-2 13-6 59-45

FLORIDA ST - Recent ATS Trends
    Against the spread Over/Under Straight Up
    Current Last 3 Since 1992 Current Last 3 Since 1992 Current Last 3 Since 1992
    Description W-L W-L W-L O-U O-U O-U W-L W-L W-L
    against conference opponents 0-1 7-10 55-41 0-1 3-11 16-20 0-1 14-3 90-7
    as a favorite 1-1 12-15 77-63 0-1 7-16 30-41 1-1 20-7 123-17
    as a favorite of 10.5 to 21 points 1-0 9-4 30-21 0-0 5-7 17-23 1-0 10-3 45-6
    in a home game where the total is between 42.5 and 49 0-0 2-3 5-5 0-0 2-3 4-6 0-0 3-2 8-2
    in a home game where the total is between 45.5 and 49 0-0 2-2 3-4 0-0 2-2 4-3 0-0 2-2 5-2
    in all games 1-1 13-16 81-69 0-1 7-18 32-48 1-1 20-9 127-24
    in all lined games 1-1 13-16 81-69 0-1 7-18 32-48 1-1 20-9 126-24
    in games played on a grass field 1-1 13-15 76-65 0-1 7-17 28-45 1-1 20-8 121-21
    in home games 1-0 6-7 45-27 0-0 5-5 15-11 1-0 11-2 69-4
    in home lined games 1-0 6-7 45-27 0-0 5-5 15-11 1-0 11-2 68-4
    in September games 1-1 5-4 23-20 0-1 1-5 6-8 1-1 7-2 40-4
    when playing on a Saturday 1-0 12-11 72-56 0-0 5-14 27-34 1-0 18-5 113-16
    when playing with 6 or less days rest 0-0 8-10 58-40 0-0 4-11 20-28 0-0 15-3 90-9

Current Season Results And Upcoming Games
    Here are the most recent results and upcoming schedules for the two teams involved. Lines, total, game scores, results versus the spread, straight up and against the total are all displayed.
    CLEMSON - Season Results
    Date Opponent Score SU Line ATS Tot. O/U
    9/4/2004 WAKE FOREST 37-30 W -11.5 L 52.5 O
    9/11/2004 GEORGIA TECH 24-28 L -6.5 L 47 O
    9/18/2004 @ TEXAS A&M 6-27 L -1 L 54 U
    9/25/2004 @FLORIDA ST
    10/7/2004 @VIRGINIA
    10/16/2004 UTAH ST
    10/23/2004 MARYLAND
    10/30/2004 NC STATE
    11/6/2004 @MIAMI
    11/13/2004 @DUKE
    11/20/2004 S CAROLINA

FLORIDA ST - Season Results
    Date Opponent Score SU Line ATS Tot. O/U
    9/10/2004 @ MIAMI 10-16 L -1 L 46.5 U
    9/18/2004 UAB 34-7 W -20.5 W -
    9/25/2004 CLEMSON
    10/2/2004 N CAROLINA
    10/9/2004 @SYRACUSE
    10/16/2004 VIRGINIA
    10/23/2004 @WAKE FOREST
    10/30/2004 @MARYLAND
    11/6/2004 DUKE
    11/11/2004 @NC STATE
    11/20/2004 FLORIDA

Team Statistics
    Peformance statistics for each team in various situations are listed below. Categories where a team has performed poorly are denoted in red. Categories where a team has performed well are denoted in green.
    CLEMSON - Current Season Performance
    Straight Up Against Spread Team Opponent
    W-L Units W-L O-U Score Half Yards YPP TO Score Half Yards YPP TO
    All Games 1-2 -2.8 0-3 2-1 22.3 10.7 365.0 (5.1) 3.0 28.3 13.7 425.0 (5.3) 0.7
    Road Games 0-1 -1.2 0-1 0-1 6.0 6.0 250.0 (4) 4.0 27.0 17.0 502.0 (6.4) 0.0
    Last 3 Games 1-2 -2.8 0-3 2-1 22.3 10.7 365.0 (5.1) 3.0 28.3 13.7 425.0 (5.3) 0.7
    Grass Games 1-2 -2.8 0-3 2-1 22.3 10.7 365.0 (5.1) 3.0 28.3 13.7 425.0 (5.3) 0.7
    Conference Games 1-1 -1.7 0-2 2-0 30.5 13.0 422.5 (5.6) 2.5 29.0 12.0 386.5 (4.7) 1.0

CLEMSON - Current Season Statistics
    Rushing Passing Total
    PPG Half FD TOP ATT-YDS YPR CMP-ATT PCT YDS PYA ATT-YDS YPP YPPT
    Offense (All Games) 22.3 10.7 20.0 27:50 31-113 (3.7) 20-40 49.6% 252 (6.2) 71-365 (5.1) (16.3)
    Opponents Defensive Avg. 18.8 7.3 17.4 29:36 32-136 (4.3) 19-36 53.6% 217 (6.1) 67-354 (5.3) (18.8)
    Offense Road Games 6.0 6.0 18.0 25:14 27-58 (2.1) 20-36 55.6% 192 (5.3) 63-250 (4) (41.7)
    Defense (All Games) 28.3 13.7 23.7 32:10 52-230 (4.5) 15-29 50.6% 195 (6.7) 81-425 (5.3) (15)
    Opponents Offensive Avg. 27.9 14.4 21.4 31:24 47-232 (4.9) 15-27 54.7% 218 (8) 74-449 (6) (16.1)
    Defense Road Games 27.0 17.0 27.0 34:46 53-324 (6.1) 14-26 53.8% 178 (6.8) 79-502 (6.4) (18.6)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FLORIDA ST - Current Season Performance
    Straight Up Against Spread Team Opponent
    W-L Units W-L O-U Score Half Yards YPP TO Score Half Yards YPP TO
    All Games 1-1 -1.2 1-1 0-1 22.0 13.5 327.0 (4.4) 2.5 11.5 3.5 254.0 (4.3) 2.0
    Home Games 1-0 0 1-0 0-0 34.0 17.0 489.0 (5.8) 1.0 7.0 7.0 144.0 (2.9) 1.0
    Last 3 Games 1-1 -1.2 1-1 0-1 22.0 13.5 327.0 (4.4) 2.5 11.5 3.5 254.0 (4.3) 2.0
    Grass Games 1-1 -1.2 1-1 0-1 22.0 13.5 327.0 (4.4) 2.5 11.5 3.5 254.0 (4.3) 2.0
    Conference Games 0-1 -1.2 0-1 0-1 10.0 10.0 165.0 (2.6) 4.0 16.0 0.0 364.0 (5.4) 3.0

FLORIDA ST - Current Season Statistics
    Rushing Passing Total
    PPG Half FD TOP ATT-YDS YPR CMP-ATT PCT YDS PYA ATT-YDS YPP YPPT
    Offense (All Games) 22.0 13.5 18.0 31:27 41-154 (3.8) 18-33 54.5% 173 (5.2) 74-327 (4.4) (14.9)
    Opponents Defensive Avg. 14.5 8.5 15.5 31:07 38-102 (2.7) 18-32 55.8% 176 (5.5) 70-279 (4) (19.2)
    Offense Home Games 34.0 17.0 26.0 33:49 47-251 (5.3) 24-38 63.2% 238 (6.3) 85-489 (5.8) (14.4)
    Defense (All Games) 11.5 3.5 13.5 28:33 30-42 (1.4) 15-29 51.7% 211 (7.3) 59-254 (4.3) (22.1)
    Opponents Offensive Avg. 31.8 19 17 29:53 37-153 (4.1) 13-24 52.6% 191 (7.9) 61-344 (5.6) (10.8)
    Defense Home Games 7.0 7.0 11.0 26:11 28--24 (-0.9) 10-22 45.5% 168 (7.6) 50-144 (2.9) (20.6)

Average power rating of opponents played: CLEMSON 35.7, FLORIDA ST 36

Head-to-Head Series History
    Listed below is a summary of the games results in recent Head-to-Head matchups.
    All games in this series since 1992
    CLEMSON is 7-5 against the spread versus FLORIDA ST since 1992
    FLORIDA ST is 11-1 straight up against CLEMSON since 1992
    5 of 7 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL since 1992

Games over the last 3 seasons
    FLORIDA ST is 1-1 against the spread versus CLEMSON over the last 3 seasons
    FLORIDA ST is 1-1 straight up against CLEMSON over the last 3 seasons
    1 of 2 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

All games played at FLORIDA ST since 1992
    FLORIDA ST is 4-2 against the spread versus CLEMSON since 1992
    FLORIDA ST is 6-0 straight up against CLEMSON since 1992
    2 of 2 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL since 1992

Games played at FLORIDA ST over the last 3 seasons.
    FLORIDA ST is 1-0 against the spread versus CLEMSON over the last 3 seasons
    FLORIDA ST is 1-0 straight up against CLEMSON over the last 3 seasons
    1 of 1 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

Rushing Passing Turnovers Penalties
    Date Teams Score Line Result Half FD TOP ATT-YDS CMP-ATT YDS FL INT PEN-YDS
    11/8/2003 FLORIDA ST 10 -16 Under 0 18 23:32 17-11 27-52 358 1 2 10-105
    CLEMSON 26 48.5 SU ATS 13 25 36:28 50-152 17-27 272 0 1 7-62
    10/3/2002 CLEMSON 31 56.5 Over 24 18 26:53 33-107 18-28 334 2 2 5-34
    FLORIDA ST 48 -14 SU ATS 28 19 33:07 49-272 8-20 114 0 0 6-45

Team Line Action - Where the money is going!
    Oddsmakers move a line in part because of one-sided public betting action on a side or total. They also move the line in reaction to "wise guy's" selections. Either way, this section attempts to uncover whether the wise guys and public have a "read" on a given team. It summarizes both line and total movements. As a general rule, follow the line or total movement when percentages exceed 57% and go against it when they are below 43%.

As indicated by the movement of the line, the betting public is favoring CLEMSON in this game
    The betting public is correct when moving the money line in CLEMSON games 52.2% of the time since 1992. (59-54)
    The betting public is correct when moving the money line in CLEMSON games 53.8% of the time over the past 3 seasons. (14-12)
    The betting public is correct when moving the money line in FLORIDA ST games 54.2% of the time since 1992. (77-65)
    The betting public is correct when moving the money line in FLORIDA ST games 53.6% of the time over the past 3 seasons. (15-13)
    No Edge.

As indicated by the movement of the total, the betting public is favoring the OVER in this game
    The betting public is correct when moving the total in CLEMSON games 50% of the time since 1992. (23-23)
    The betting public is correct when moving the total in CLEMSON games 50% of the time over the past 3 seasons. (9-9)
    The betting public is correct when moving the total in FLORIDA ST games 49.2% of the time since 1992. (31-32)
    The betting public is correct when moving the total in FLORIDA ST games 56.5% of the time over the past 3 seasons. (13-10)
    No Edge.

Key Player Injuries
    CLEMSON
    DE Vontrell Jamison Arm Out for remainder of season. 9/19
    DE Charles Bennett Knee Questionable Sat. vs Florida State. 9/19
    RB Yusef Kelly Suspension Eligible to return Sat. vs Florida State. 9/19
    RB Duane Coleman Foot Fracture Out 6-8 weeks. 8/10
    FLORIDA ST
    FS B.J. Ward Shoulder Questionable
    G Matt Meinrod Knee Expected out remainder of the season. 9/17
    TE Donnie Carter Knee Out for the season. 8/21

Good luck with whatever you choose! (If I had to pick I'd say Clemson +17.5)

Brian
  • Options
    Thank, Brian.

Buck
    Ole Doctor Buck of the Popes of Hell