Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Where to buy Morgan silver dollars

I need a little help.

Where are the best sources/dealers to buy Morgan silver dollars. I would like to buy certified & loose coins, rolls or individual coins.

I would like to purchase on the internet or by direct visits to coin shops in Illinois or Indiana.

Thanks,
Ron

Comments

• Options
    krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the boards, basar!

You won't have any problem finding Morgan dollars. They make up about half of the entire coin market.

What is your price range? What condition? Are you putting together a set, or do you just want to buy in bulk and don't care about dates?

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• Options
    You might want to turn your PM on.

Jerry
  • Options
    StuartStuart Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basar: Welcome to the Forum!!

You may wish to take a look at the Forum Buy, Sell & Trade (BS&T) Board for a starter to see what other forum members are offering for sale...

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

"Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity"
  • Options
    mhammermanmhammerman Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭
    Reminds me of opening day of deer season.
  • Options
    Reminds me of opening day of deer season.

That's funny but true!!image
    Larry
  • Options
    LOL Hammer!!!

basar - yes, turn on your PM's, and check the BST board - or email me at txrok@aol.com - I just listed a bunch of Morgans today - graded and circ. that I am selling for my bro who is visiting. In fact, I bought a few from him that I needed, and selling the rest. They are pretty nice, yet affordable.

SSP

Sorry all for SSP - but he/she asked...................I normally would not post such, but since he/she has no PM's.......... Let the reprimands begin............ image

Pam

• Options
    I would like to put together a set.

I collecting these cons with my father in the early 50's & now starting again with my grand daugthers.

For investments, I would like to purchase the CC coins in PGCS grades & then the rest of the set by dates in VF condition.

Thanks,
    Ron
  • Options
    Hi and welcome. Sounds like you are going to have fun. Tons of good dealers and auctions too. Here's a link if you don't have it already. This is a A-Z list of dealers, well actually any and everything that is numismatic. I'd just start surfing and have fun. You can always come back to the board with a specific dealers name to check out. coinsheetlinks

Jerry
  • Options
    Ok guys, I set my PM to the on mode. Thanks for the help.

Ron

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file