Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

How about this for a new registry??

Since Eliasberg keeps coming up whenever registries are discussed, why not do a huge, all encompassing registry for everything? It would be nice to see who out there is the closest to having a complete set of every issue ever produced.

Comments

• Options
    tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would need to allow interchangeable proofs or mint state coins - that's how Eliasberg [and everyone] collected at the time.
  • Options
    MistercoinmanMistercoinman Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭
    I really like the idea, how about one for circulation coins, one for proofs, and then a combined set of both. That way you have something for everybody and it will also be a great place for everyone to keep track of their inventory. I like it alot, it gets my vote!imageimage
  • Options
    saintgurusaintguru Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭
    Imagine the number of coins in the set???image

Man, even 10% would be an accomplishment! Sign me OUT!!! I don't need the "IRONMAN OCD SET"!!!image
  • Options
    I vote for it, good idea.image
  • Options
    I like it from the "inventory" standpoint. So I suggest that the "set listing" also include one more option and that is "ungraded" so that collectors can list a coin that might not be in a pcgs slab -- or it might not be slabbed at all. these "ungraded" coins would not receive "registry points" but they would still be part of a collection and inventory. what do you think? cheers, alan mendelson
  • Options
    The only problem with including ungraded coins is proof of ownership. Otherwise everyone is going to say they have a full set of everything, just unslabbed, which is impossible. I want to include bodybagged coins in the set, though, because you do get a cert# with bodybags, it's just not active in the registry system. I wish it were or I'd be well on the way to a nice, shiny, cleaned type set.