Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Question about PSA/DNA Holder Limits

Hey guys...Does anyone know what the largest item is that PSA/DNA will encapsulate? I've got a bunch of oddball autographed stuff I want to send in, including these two items. This Maris photo/card is 4.5" x 7" and the Klu is just a tad smaller. I called PSA a couple weeks ago and the answer went from no to yes to maybe...and by the time I got off the phone the answer was "We're not sure...It's a new service, you know." I know the Maris is legit as it was personalized to me. I just thought it would look cool in a holder. Any help is appreciated.

-todd-

Comments

• Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭
    Whether they encapsulate them or not, they are both nice pieces............
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    i'd guess anything that PSA can holder you can get them to do. I think they still get authenticated, then seperately sent to PSA for encapsulation. That may have changed, but i think that if PSA grades them, you should be able to get them slabbed. anyone?
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PSA's T-3 Turkey Red holders will hold them (they're 5 3/4" x 8"), so I don't see any reason why they wouldnt slab that Maris as long as they deem the autograph authentic. As far as I know, that is the largest size holder that PSA has.

Just remember that the T-3 holders have a $35 grading fee attached.

Steve
  • Options
    Thanks Steve. That is the best answer I have gotten thus far (from PSA or anyone else). I've called both PSA and PSA/DNA, emailed customer service and nobody seems to know for sure. Back when I called a couple weeks ago, one guy mentioned the Turkey Red holders, but he didn't know the dimensions.

I think I'll hold off on submitting until I can get a "for sure" answer. I can appreciate that this service is still relatively new, but it sure seems like someone there would be able to give me a yes or no. Don't get me wrong...I like PSA and they are my first choice for grading. I just want a clear answer before I send my stuff in.

-todd-