Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Congrats to pb1991!!!

Might have happened a while ago, but I just noticed. In August Phil said he wanted to reach 8.01 at 100% in his 1960 Topps set. I look today and with a recent upgrade-- he's there. Congrats Phil on one fine set!!image

Chris

Oh yeah, it's under the Burnett Collection.

Comments

• Options
    marinermariner Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats from me, too, Phil.....you have one awesome set!!
    Don

Collect primarily 1959-1963 Topps Baseball
    set registry id Don Johnson Collection
    ebay id truecollector14
  • Options
    pcpc Posts: 743
    great job Phil!image
    Money is your ticket to freedom.
  • Options
    Nice job Phil!

1960 Topps baseball has always been one of my favorites and one that I feel is very underated by collectors.

There are many tough cards to find in psa 8 like grade in this set such as the #451 Curt Simmons that just went off on ebay for over 1K. Not bad for a card with an SMR of about $30.00.

Any other years that you are working on?

Jim

Buyer and Seller of PSA graded Baseball Cards from 1900-1980.

Check out my ebay auctions listed under seller ID: jeej
  • Options
    Thanks Chris, Don, and everyone else for their kind words. I'm still trying to upgrade the set, i'd like to upgrade as many of the 7's to 8's as i can. with that being said i have no intention of paying anywhere near a thousand dollars for a Psa 8 of #451 Simmons, so unless i get lucky and find one at a bargain or find one to send in i will probably be satisfied with my 7.as for the question of what other sets i'm working on i'm a very, very sick individual. If you look under registrants other sets i've got quite a few going although most of them i am mainly just buying bargains as i come across them on e bay. i am working fairly seriously on a 61-62 Fleer All Time Greats set just because i always liked those cards. and i'd like to build a nice 73 Topps set because that was the first year i remember opening a lot of packs. thanks again for the kind words on my 60 set. Phil