Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

A LITTLE FOOD FOR THOUGHT

just a little food for thought here everyone. just thought everyone may like to know that autobilia got banned for his comments on this post POST . are people not allowed to have an opinion these days? guess everyone needs to watch what they say on here cause big brother is watching, lol. i know i`m prob sure to be banned as well for saying anything but thats ok, i dont come on much anyhow but i have my own site to chat and trade on. maybe they should post in the rules that we cant say that we cant say that another grading service is better than PSA or they will ban you.

just my 2 abe`s
LOOKING FOR MARINO GAME USED,, , AND AUTO`S

Comments

• Options
    I wonder if acowa has anything to say on this subject.
  • Options
    acowaacowa Posts: 945 ✭✭
    Mike,

<<I have noticed that as more and more members get banned from this site, the Network54 forum as well as several other sports card message boards have really begun to take off. In fact, things now seem to be busier (and more interesting) elsewhere.>>

That hasn't stopped you from coming back... image

Regards,

Alan

• Options
    Or you.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>autobilia got banned >>

Quasar
    How do you know that he got banned? I read that thread and his comments next to others in the past are rather benign.
    your friend
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    i know cause he sent me a IM and let me see the email he got from Carol

"Good Afternoon,

Your forum account has been deactivated due to a pattern of comments against PSA.

As this is a PSA forum, we invite constructive criticism but constant belittling of our company is not acceptable.

Carol"
  • Options
    8400 post count gone in a New York Minute.......

Vargha better watch it
  • Options

<< <i>we invite constructive criticism but constant belittling of our company is not acceptable >>

Thanx Quasar
    I wonder if his "hobby insider" was the cause of him drawing fire from PSA? There are many people on these boards who have consistently criticized PSA. Very interesting. You could probably call someones wife a "carpet kneed slut" as long as you don't call her a " carpet kneed PSA slut!"

Hi, my name is Jamie....please spank me!...I've been bad...I took PSA's name in vain 3 times this week. image

Mike
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Thats too bad, Bilia was a good poster and a smart person, perhaps too smart for the powers to be. I really
    have enjoyed his area 51 section. You have to play by the rules though

JS
  • Options
    but where is that rule stated?
  • Options

<< <i>You have to play by the rules though >>

Kevin
    Altho I was just messin around...seriously, his comments don't seem that bad....does this go back many moons?
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options

He got 8400 free advertising spams for his website in - err - I mean posts in before the axe fell. Not bad.
  • Options
    If he was banned for that thread. Well that's just not ride. I for one didn't take his posts as slagging of PSA...
    Collector of T201 Mecca double folders. Graded and Raw...
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    Banned for that?!? I never checked out his website, but I'm guessing the powers that be did and didn't like what they saw. Kinda stinks, but it is PSA's board after all. Still, I wish the company would put as much energy into, say, preventing "mechanical errors" as it did into policing the board.

imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    yes this is psa`s board but it is also an open chat board
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, it's a public forum that can be viewed by anyone - or at least anyone with computer access - but it's most certainly not public in the First Amendment sense. Even though I don't know autobilia at all, I don't like what happened to him, but I also realize that PSA is essentially free to operate the board as it sees fit.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    Are you absolutely sure he was banned for that particular thread? If so, my days are definitely numbered (not that my wife would be too unhappy about that).
  • Options
    kobykoby Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    I haven't checked these forums for a few months. The moderators seem a lot more active than they have been in the past. image
  • Options
    Strangeimage I thought his comments in that thread were stated in a way to reflect his opinion without offending anyone (or company)
    I hope drinking the "fruit punch" doesn't become mandatory now.image
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
  • Options
    "Medication time.... medication time, Mr. Macmurphy please take your medication"image
  • Options
    I'll have a large cup of the "Jim Jones Special", please!

• Options
    Careful Vargha. We don't want to rouse the K-Club Krowd
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
  • Options
    I thought about that while I was posting it.