Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

topps chrome

does anyone know if there is anything significant about the topps chrome issue ? i bought a pack at the local wal-mart just to check it out and got a earl weaver auto and a special black border john candelaria. along with raines j. clark and van slyk.

imo not worth the 29 bucks they charge. thoughts ?

scott

Comments

• Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Scott

This is actually called topps retired, which features one retired players auto per pack. Last year this was
    a very popular product,but this year topps has filled it with a load of garbage.

Kevin
  • Options
    thanks kevin. i saw something different and thought i'd try it. usually i stick with vintage so i'm a little out of my elemant witk the modern.

scott
  • Options
    Scott

I take it this was 2004 not 2003? Actually you could do a lot worse in hobby packs, if you think about the normal
    cost of a box is around 100 bucks and you get maybe one autograph, topps does get the greats to sign they
    just don't sign a lot. No sticker is nice here too, the player actually held the card when he signed it

Kevin
  • Options
    ahhhh when u look at it like that it somewhat makes the 30 bucks easy'r to swallow. whats the significance of the black borders that are # individualy ? vs. the regularly # cards ?

scott
  • Options
    well all the autos are black borderd, I guess in the regular set the parallels are black borderd.