Home Sports Talk
Options

Pretenders+Choke=Vikings

This team is clearly a pretender. They get to prove themselves on MNF and they choke. Their D is so bad that
Philly didn't have to punt until the 3rd quarter! Moss couldn't do anything against a crappy corner. Duante
choked several times on the goal line. Tice is so stupid he let that phantom TD by TO stay on the board, anyone
with a brain cell could of seen that...oh yeah a nice no call by the philly refs..heck they don't even know the
rules of the game!

Way to go and roll over Vikes! I bet the Lions will light you up this year!

Ive got a feeling that we won't be seeing all the Viking fans here for a while.

JS

Comments

• Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    SORRY BUT VIKES FUMBLED GAME AWAY! NOT IMPRESSED WITH EAGLES AT ALL. THEY WILL GET TOURCHED BY THE BOYS. I GOT MONEY WHERE MY MOUTH IS OR CARDS WHICHEVER YOU BIRDS FANS WANT TO BET!!!
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    u betting the cowboys over the eagles?? I think I want a piece of that!

Vikes suck, they are a pretender, Lions will light them up next week. Moss opened his mouth and didn't
    do squat. The only bright spot was O Smith and he is a druggy and will be gone soon.

I think the eagles are weak too but no way the cowgirls beat them!

JS
  • Options
    iggles have lions next week i thought??

and yes boys will get them! watch they will roll skins monday hit the by week and woodson back and watch out. this offense of dallas moving ball very well. they will start punching it in and scoring 35 a game!!

• Options

You guys must be smoking the same stuff.

Maybe you'll come down in December when the playoffs start and the Cowbuddies and the Sucaneers are sitting at home.

The Lions will light up the Eagles?.....please.
  • Options
    Vinny has gone crazy twice but he hasn't faced a real defense yet. I wouldn't be too confident after
    you barely beat the worst team in the league.

JS
  • Options
    Joe shall we make a wager than the bucs finish worse than the vikings? PM me the wager you want big man.

Also how is it a choke? Were playing the favorite of the NFC to win the whole thing. A choke is the job your bucs are doing on offense!

Moss Tds : 3

Bucs TDs: 0
  • Options
    browns worst team in league??? you smoking? they torched the mighty ravens lol!! worst team right now would be fins and bucs both offenses couldnt beat praieview high here in ga =)!
  • Options
    ronde barber 1 TD
    entire vikes d 0 TD's

why get personal? I understand that your team just choked in front of everyone in the country but take it
    like a man, I can't think of one person on that field for the vikes (coaches included) that didn't choke for
    the vikes..face it you are NOT a playoff team, you might get there but you will choke like you did tonight.

Just face it,you all are pretenders and are only 1 game ahead of my bucs who haven't scored an offensive
    TD this year!

JS
  • Options
    Joe is that your team's only TD? if so kudos for scoring one TD in 2 games this year you guys are on the right track, heck at that average you'll have 8 this year! About one third of what culpepper will have.

Btw If you read my previous posts i hide behind nothing and state that philly out played us, however i see no choke on our part.
  • Options
    you all were talking super bowl and playoffs, I don't see it...poorly coached team is what I see.

JS
  • Options

<< <i>ronde barber 1 TD ----------> All the touchdowns scored by the Bucs this season
    >>

• Options
    Poorly coached team? Perhaps you should take a look at your team first there buddy.
  • Options
    First off no bad coach wears a championship ring...check Tice's fingers for rings...NONE

Tice looked like an idiot out there...no review when your team needed it? Duante is just
    running around....defense is letting Westbrook run free....weak staff at best no rings now
    no rings later. Join the Twolves and your hockey team...at least the Twinkies have one.

JS
  • Options

<< <i>Poorly coached team? Perhaps you should take a look at your team first there buddy. >>

Yeah, he is right. You think Tice is a better coach than Gruden? There is a reason, thet Mike Tice is the least paid Coach in the NFL.

Bottom line is the Vikings played good tonight, a rematch ? I cant wait. Give the damn teams some real refs though.
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    No kidding Beef, geez it just sucks watching a game when there's a freaking flag thrown on every single play. Just rediculous. Vikes have got to be the all time flag leader.image
    Culpepper to ?, only God knows at this point!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Poorly coached team? Perhaps you should take a look at your team first there buddy. >>

Yeah, he is right. You think Tice is a better coach than Gruden? There is a reason, thet Mike Tice is the least paid Coach in the NFL.

Bottom line is the Vikings played good tonight, a rematch ? I cant wait. Give the damn teams some real refs though. >>

Never said that, but he is no way in the right for saying our team is poorly coached, maybe when the bucs score a TD he can talk.

Also Big sapp gonna tear Johnson Up. Can't wait to see him light johnson up.
  • Options
    OHH yeah, you know Sapp is gonna take Johnson or whoever Gruden puts in at QB down very hard. And he's gonna strut out of that game with a win and he's gonna be a very happy big fat man.
    Culpepper to ?, only God knows at this point!
  • Options
    The only thing I was not happy with (other than the above descrobed Bs) was the O line. Losing Rosenthal was a key injury, I hope he is ok. Kliensasser is a great blocketoo that would have kept Kearse off DC.

Though I would add a few bs calls that came to mind. Can you think of ANY philly calls that went against them? I cant.

Phantom hold on Winfield, he didnt even touch the guy.

A defensive holding was called on the eagles and then the flag was picked up and the refs said there was no flag.This was after the blown freakin TD call!
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    Nice job of the locals to not show the replay until after the kick though...

Probs to them...
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options

<< <i>Moss couldn't do anything against a crappy corner. >>

Man, when will the secondary get some damn respect. Sure, Taylor and Vincent are gone - but the Eagles brass knew they would be a few years ago, which was why they went DB-DB-DB with their first 3 picks. These are solid players who got good experience last year while the mentors were still around - and Lewis gets to keep learning from one of the best in Dawkins, who plays safety the way it should be played.

The main reason the Eagles put so much pressure on Daunte was because the secondary was playing out of their minds last night - Moss, Campbell, and Robinson are a damn good trio of receivers. But the Eagles were up to the task and deserve credit for it.
  • Options
    The Eagles were NOT up to task. Look at Daunte's numbers. e moved the ball all day, thank the refs for that win. FYI Burleson needs to be in that Trio ya listed image ..

Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options

<< <i>The Eagles were NOT up to task. Look at Daunte's numbers. e moved the ball all day, thank the refs for that win. FYI Burleson needs to be in that Trio ya listed image .. >>

the only thing worse than a loser is a sore loser
  • Options
    GeomanGeoman Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭
    "...This team is clearly a pretender..." Nope, I disagree! The Vikes are for real, but they played like crap this past week against Philly. In fact, they tried every way they could to lose the game. We don't need to recap all the mistakes, fumbles, penalties, etc. Plain and simple, they were bad. However, every team has a bad day once a season. I don't see this loss as the end for the Vikes, but a wake-up call. They are going to get their ass chewed out by Tice this week; and I look for them to come out and smack the Bears all the way to Canada!

Injuries hurt too. What other team has lost several starters or key players for the season already?!

Philly didn't play well either. But wait until the end of the season, and we'll see who has the better record (Vikes, Philly or the Bucs).

What I find really amusing, is how people state how many championship rings teams have from the past, and think they can use that to justify their team this year. Let me get your weird reasoning correct... by stating the Cowboys have 5 rings, and the Vikes 0, the Cowboys are the better team?!?! Or the Bucs 1 ring makes them better than the Vikes this year?!@!? How about some of the 'bad' teams this year. Miami or SF, they have rings, so they are better than other teams without a ring??!@! image

I still say Vikes and Philly in the NFC Championship game this year.
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i>

Injuries hurt too. What other team has lost several starters or key players for the season already?!
    >>

Are you kidding me? What team hasn't lost players? Carolina has lost their starting RB and primary WR, and destroyed KC (thought to be one of the better teams this year), the Saints just lost their primary RB, and on and on.

Every team has injuries.

• Options
    FYI the Boys have 5 rings. And the reason we keep tell you about it is because like the saying goes "history tends to repeat it's self". Just like the Eagles lose every year in the championship game. They lost last year and year before that and the year before that. That my friend is history! It is only a matter of time before the Boys sit on top of the NFC where they belong. Bill is doing a good job with this team. We finaly have a passing game, not sure about the running game, and the D will only get better.
    Go Cowboys!!!!!!!!!! image
  • Options
    "...history tends to repeat it's self..." Not in football. You can go from last to first, or first to last in just a year. Hell, look at the Bucs. They used to be the laughing stock of the league several years back. I remember when the Vikes would play them in the late 80's early 90's. The Bucs record was SO bad for so many years. But yea, they changed, and got their ring. Now they are heading back the other way.

Okay, my mistake, thought the Cowboys had only 4 rings. But that just proves my point. How really cares now if it is 4 or 5 rings. I sure don't. Can't live off past success in this league. You either win, or you get the boot!
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    FYI the Boys have 5 rings. And the reason we keep tell you about it is because like the saying goes "history tends to repeat it's self".

Not unless Mike Lynn resurfaces and trades 20 draft picks for Herschel Walker. image

collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    "...Herschel Walker..."

Yea, that was the worst trade the Vikes have ever made! image

I still remembering seeing Herschel Walker in his first game as a Viking. He was also doing kickoff returns at that time. I remember the opening kickoff, Herschel Walker got the ball deep, and took off up the field. His shoe came off, and his sock was flopping all over the place as he ran. Almost broke it all the way for his first TD with the Vikes. But was stopped around mid-field. My first thought was YES, this guy is going to help the team out big-time. He was blowing through would-be tacklers on that run-back.

However, he never lived up to the hype. And it hurt the Vikes pretty bad, giving up all those picks for one guy.
  • Options
    If i'm not mistaking but the Boys did make the playoffs last year and the Vikings did not. And at least we have a past to live off. image
    Go Cowboys!!!!!!!!!! image
  • Options

<< <i>"...Herschel Walker..."

Yea, that was the worst trade the Vikes have ever made! image

I still remembering seeing Herschel Walker in his first game as a Viking. He was also doing kickoff returns at that time. I remember the opening kickoff, Herschel Walker got the ball deep, and took off up the field. His shoe came off, and his sock was flopping all over the place as he ran.

However, he never lived up to the hype. And it hurt the Vikes pretty bad, giving up all those picks for one guy. >>

Actually that was Herschell's first run from scrimmage. The trade was not the problem. Herschel was an incredible player that could have been the final piece of the puzzle for the Vikes. The problem was the Vikings had a stubborn old coach by the name of Jerry Burns who never wanted Walker. He preferred using diffferent backs depending on the situation and a lot of quick hitters and trap runs.

Herschel was great at lining up deep in the backfield and pounding away with multiple carries. The kind of back who got better as the game wore on. And he was an outstanding receiver as well as a clutch third down back.

Burns refused to change his offense to cater to Walkers strengths and consistently pulled him on third down plays. The biggest waste of talent I have ever witnessed.

Don't blame Mike Lynn. Blame Jerry Burns.
    Collecting PSA and BGS 500 HR & 3000 Hit Club Baseball
    HOF Quarterbacks Football