Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Why No 1995 Double Die Lincoln Cent In MS69RD Yet?

While noticing that the pop on the 72DDO in 7 went up from 13 to 14 & the pop for the 83DDR IN 7 went down from 23 to 22, it started me thinking of the title to this thread.

Is it really possible that out of the nearly 1,500 68RD's graded thus far NONE warranted the 69RD grade? Or is 68RD the highest grade PCGS has decided to give for ANY DD no matter what? In fact the ONE & ONLY LONE exception to the rule is the 1960-L/S in the top pop pop 1 of PR69RD imageimage

Comments

• I want to know why there are nearly 1500 DDO's in ms68, but only 41 regular 1995 ms68's. Unless there is some strange explanation like the DDO's were better made coins, or they grade them differently, it sure doesn't make the 1995-p penny look to rare or scarce in ms68.
  • Pcgs has decided not to grade them MS-69 NGC has only graded a few

COLLECTOR AND DEALER FOR 45 YEARS LIKES MINT STATE MERCS AND WALKERS I HELP BUILD REGISTRY SETS.
  • Do you think regular 1995 cents in high grade will in fact prove rarer? Maybe because people looked through rolls saving all 1995 DDO's, anb tossing all regular 1995's aside?