Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Wanted 1974 PSA 8 OPeeChee Aaron Special Cards

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Five of the eight are 1 of 1s in PSA 8, with none higher. One of them does not exist in PSA 8. The other two have PSA 8 populations of 2 and 3, respectively.

Doug Rivard has one of them in PSA 9, and one of them in PSA 8. He is an Aaron master collector - and won't be looking to sell.

Bottom line - you are not going to find them here.

If you are truly serious about finding them - you should post a fairly ridiculously high buy offer here in the hopes that someone has one raw that they will submit on your behalf.
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    marc beat me too it. I agree 100% with schmitty. you won't find them graded. your best bet is raw and that is not going to be easy or cheap.
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Not to mention that 1974 is generally regarded as one of the toughest years of OPC ever.
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    I have #3 PSA 6 (OC), I know, "what the..."

Also, #5 and #6 in PSA 8 (OC)

Need them for my sets, but willing to let go for nice raw examples.
    “Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” - George Carlin
  • Options
    Thanks for the education. I had no idea! I remembered seeing a couple on Ebay about six months ago and liked what they looked like. Oh well. Thanks again. I always learn a lot on the board.
  • Options

<< <i>
    Doug Rivard has one of them in PSA 9, and one of them in PSA 8. He is an Aaron master collector - and won't be looking to sell.
    >>

Is Doug behind the "Atlantacardco" (or something like that) Ebay name?"

There were some '74 OPC Aaron PSA 8 and 9s in late 2003, but he outbid me on all of them.
    “Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” - George Carlin
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    andrew , that is a different person. the atlanta guy is an aaron only collector and otherwise dealer based in , you guessed it, atlanta.
  • Options
    I have two of the 70's Aaron special in 8's. You can email me at drivard@optonline.net.

Doug
    Looking for well centered 1958 topps baseball psa 8 and up. Also dying for a 70 Aaron All Star in PSA 9.