Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Vote for Worst card website ? Its definitely.....

My vote for the worst sports card website has to go to Topps. Simply, thier website stinks !!! With all the history and tradition, they have the most to offer in a website, but there is nothing but crap on the site. Its not even updated. 2004 Topps Chrome Football is out and its not even on the website !! You would think that they would want people to spend allot of time on thier website, but it seems that they don't want to invest the money that it takes to make it a great site. Just think of everything Topps could offer on their site. History, checklists, photos, Topps Vault, etc etc. It is so lame its not funny. Its never up to date.
Don't they realize how much income they can generate from the website ? Did anyone ever try to call Topps ? Thats another story.

I like upper decks website and the PSA website - very informative.
Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"

Comments

• Options
    jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    I thought at first you meant card DEALER web sites. In that regard, I hate the ones that simply list an inventory, have no search function, and require you to email them rather than purchase right on the site. A few don't even post scans, you have to ask for them. My favorite dealer sites are Quality Cards, Baseball Exchange, Mickey's, Marty's and Strictly Graded.
  • Options
    jrinckjrinck Posts: 1,321 ✭✭
    I sent an actual snail-mail letter (1999 or so) to Art Shorin , CEO of Topps, asking him if he'd ever thought of writing a detailed book on the history of Topps. He wrote back, real sig and all, and said that sounded like a good idea, but here it is 2004 and nothing. Lip service, but at least he wrote back. Maybe the corporate machine is so focused on the now and don't really give a crap about the rich history of the past.