Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

paypal ?

does anyone know if a seller can pay using there c.c. directly to a bank account ? or does it have to go through paypal ?
i just had a 0 feedback buyer purchase a high $ item and he asked about using his credit card to complete the transaction.image

any help would be great.

scott

Comments

• Options
    jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    I believe you have to be a merchant set up to receive CC payments, or to have a PayPal business account (not the personal account). Then he can pay into your PP account with a credit card, and PP takes a percentage.
  • Options
    thanks jr.

i thought instead of using your bank account for the funds you could use your credit card as the source. i dont have mine set up that way so i'm just going on supposition, but somewhere i thought i saw that it could be done this way. i dont know why it is an issue as i emailed the buyer and suggested a $ order or check if the credit card isn't an option.

i guess being that its for over 3k he feels more comfortable having the protection that a credit card offers, and i can't blame him being that i just got burned fo 2k.( filed with the post office) but thats another story.image

scott
  • Options

<< <i>does anyone know if a seller can pay using there c.c. directly to a bank account ? or does it have to go through paypal ?
    i just had a 0 feedback buyer purchase a high $ item and he asked about using his credit card to complete the transaction.image

any help would be great.

scott >>

You have to go through paypal to get paid using credit card.

Do you have a personal paypal account or premiere/business account?

personal account can't accept credit card payments only paypal funds and bank transfer. No paypal charge/fee.

premiere/business account can accept credit card but paypal will charge you .30 cents + 2.9% of total. If you're accepting payments through paypal especially by credit card make sure you send it to paypal's confirmed address and use a delivery confirmation/tracking for total under $250 or signature confirmation for total $250 or over. This will protect you from credit card chargeback and keep the confirmation receipt for awhile (for months).

RIP Snow
  • Options
    if i ship with fed ex it has to be signed for....... so there's the confirmation. but why to paypals address, and if the buyer recieves the goods how can a chargeback take place without some form of due process. that seems to leave you as a seller extremely vulnarable.
    i'm sorry for my lack of knowledge but all others have just paid with paypal so this was never an issue.

scott
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Inorder to be paid via a credit card w/o paypal in the middle one would have to have a business acct with the card in question. many times sellers accept credit cards and you call them etc. that is the only way I would think a buyer could use a credit card and not thru paypal.
    Good for you.
  • Options
    i don't mind it going through paypal. i only asked because the buyer emailed me with the ?. i just got this off of paypal's site.

paypal
    Send funds directly to a seller from a verified bank account or by using a credit card

i bet he does'nt have a paypal account yet, and thats why there's confusion.

scott
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    yes. but i think (i can be wrong) that means to a seller with a paypal acct. I was under the assumption that the buyer wanted to use a CC and not go thru paypal. in any event I hope u get paid.

does anyone know if a seller can pay using there c.c. directly to a bank account
    Good for you.
  • Options
    i hope so to:Dimage

scott
  • Options

<< <i>if i ship with fed ex it has to be signed for....... so there's the confirmation. but why to paypals address, and if the buyer recieves the goods how can a chargeback take place without some form of due process. that seems to leave you as a seller extremely vulnarable.
    i'm sorry for my lack of knowledge but all others have just paid with paypal so this was never an issue.

scott >>

What I mean is send to the buyer's address that has been confirmed by paypal. If CC is used and you send it to unconfirmed address you won't have any seller's protection if the credit card is stolen or claimed stolen and also if paypal account is hijacked. paypal will indicate if address is confirmed or unconfirmed.

say you sent it to the buyer's unconfimed addess and buyer claimed CC was stolen or paypal account was hijacked. Paypal will take the $$ from your paypal account. 3k is a lot of $$. I also hope the buyer is NOT outside the US.

Read paypal's seller's protection policy

RIP Snow
  • Options
    If the buyer files any type of dispute over the charge with his CC company then you are S.O.L. Paypal's seller protection only protects you through their process if a CC is charged back they do nothing to protect you.

That first line of Paypals seller protection plan still cracks me up..

I would suggest if they are wanting to use a CC to have them pay through BidPay which is where they buy a Western Union Money Order with their CC and it is then sent to you.